Manual of Labor
This appears to be some kind of body-building manual, filled with phrases like "dynamic tension" and advice like "lift with your legs, not with your back". It promises to make you into the "HERO of the BEACH".
(In-game plural: Manuals of Labor)
- When used for the first time in a day for the first five days:
|You read the Manual of Labor, and your muscles swell with new-found knowledge.|
- After 5 successful uses:
|You've already learned everything there is to learn from that book.|
- Subsequent uses in a day:
|Meh. You've already read that today -- your attention span is waning.|
- Reading this, the Manual of Dexterity, or the Manual of Transmission at least once per day 30 times in a single ascension will make you eligible for The Butler Did It trophy.
- This item will only give stats a total of five times and only once in one day for a total muscle substat gain of 220:
- Each of the manuals reference different phrases that use the word "manual". (i.e. manual transmission, manual labor, and manual dexterity)
- The "HERO of the BEACH" bit refers to Charles Atlas's bodybuilding ads, where he got sand kicked in his face when he was a 97-pound weakling.
- The term "dynamic tension" was also coined by Charles Atlas.