Manual of Dexterity
This book purports to teach you things like juggling, pen-spinning, and rolling coins across your knuckles. You know, the sort of stuff that has absolutely no practical value, but might get you a free drink in a bar now and then if you practice enough.
(In-game plural: Manuals of Dexterity)
- When used for the first time in a day for the first five days:
|You read the Manual of Dexterity, and your fingers twitch with new-found knowledge.|
- After 5 successful uses:
|You've already learned everything there is to learn from that book.|
- Subsequent uses in a day:
|Meh. You've already read that today -- your attention span is waning.|
- Reading this, the Manual of Labor, or the Manual of Transmission at least once per day 30 times in a single ascension will make you eligible for The Butler Did It trophy.
- This item will only give stats a total of five times and only once in one day for a total moxie substat gain of 220:
- If you use this, ascend, then get/use it again in the same day, you still get the "Meh. You've already read that today" message.
- Each of the manuals reference different phrases that use the word "manual". (i.e. manual transmission, manual labor, and manual dexterity)
- The Manual of Dexterity was a Dungeons and Dragons magic item that when properly read, would raise the reader's Dexterity score.