Okay, so a towel wrapped around your head probably doesn't technically qualify as a 'turban', but it's kinda close. It might even be fashionable, if it didn't keep slipping down over your eyes. At least you won't have to worry about Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts.
(In-game plural: makeshift turbans)
|You hurriedly fold up the towel.|
- Interferes with your vision in combat, just like Temporary Blindness.
- "Folding" this item does not consume an adventure.
- Prior to March 2012 the item granted Temporary Blindness as an intrinsic effect.
- The change also removed the previous stat penalties that Temporary Blindness invoked, including the reduction in item drops from monsters.
- The beast in the description refers to the "Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal" from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, which is so incredibly stupid that "it believes if you can't see it, it can't see you." In the 1984 Infocom text game based on the series, the only way to avoid being eaten by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal is to wrap one's towel around one's head, blinding oneself and causing the Beast to abandon the chase.
|makeshift turban | makeshift skirt | makeshift cape|
|TOP 10 makeshift turban collections|
6. ZaphodB42 - 42 | 7. Mistress of the Obvious - 42 | 8. Poncho the Sane - 21 | 9. Nikademus - 17 | 10. supaumAR - 16
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings