Liquid metal robot
|Liquid metal robot|
|Locations||Seaside Megalopolis when not possessing the essence of cute|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
|Quest||essence of cold|
Wow, this bot's got some super-shiny metal. It looks like someone took a regular guy and dipped him in chrome, only more "walking around killing people" and less "screaming in agony shortly before expiring." It's capable of shifting its matter to change its shape, and can even fashion blades and blunt instruments out of itself. The only thing it can't make is a surfboard to ride, due to copyright considerations.
It turns its arm into a giant spike and pokes you in the lee. I mean, the eye. Eek! Eek! Oof! Argh!
A passing hero douses the robot, and you, with liquid nitrogen. It slows the robot down, but it turns your left hand into a meat popsicle. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
It shapeshifts into a prop comic and bludgeons you with comically oversized boxing gloves. Evil, man, EVIL! Argh! Eek! Ooh! Argh! Ouch!
It turns its fist into a hammer and slams it down on your <arse>. You wish it were less legit, and had quit before doing that. Ooh! Ow! Ow! Ooh! Ooh!
It turns one hand into a hammer, the other into an anvil, and pounds your <shins> into the shape of a horseshoe. Well, at least it's lucky now. Ooh! Argh! Ouch! Oof!
It pours part of itself into a glass, tricks you into drinking it, then turns that part into dozens of razor blades in your digestive system. Gah, why did you drink that? Ugh! Ow! Eek!
It tries to poke you with a spike, but you weren't jonesing for a spiking.
A passing hero douses the robot with liquid nitrogen, narrowly missing turning you into a meat popsicle.
It tries to shapeshift, but gets stuck midway through with one leg longer than the other and hops around in circles for a while.
It turns its fist into a hammer, but you say, "please, hammer, don't hurt 'em."
It turns one hand into an anvil, then finds it's too heavy to lift. You point and laugh.
It stomps toward you, but steps on a sewer grate and falls through, temporarily julienned. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: physiostim pill (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: pool of liquid metal (25% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: essence of cold|
|You gain some <substat>.|
Occurs at Seaside Megalopolis.
- The essence of cold appears to drop if you attack with a Ruby Rod after the monster's sole elemental attack (or corresponding miss message). It will be listed in the combat round in which it drops and not with the other items obtained.
- The corresponding miss message appears to be "A passing hero douses the robot with liquid nitrogen, narrowly missing turning you into a meat popsicle."
- The monster's description is a reference to the T-1000, the primary antagonist in Terminator 2: Judgment Day played by Robert Patrick among others and a lot of shiny CGI.
- The elemental hit and miss messages are likely also a reference to Terminator 2: Judgment Day, as the T-1000 is frozen by liquid nitrogen towards the end of the film. The phrase "meat popsicle" in the same messages refers to Korben Dallas' self-classification to a police officer in The Fifth Element.
- The comment on 'making a surfboard to ride' is a nod to the Silver Surfer from the Fantastic Four canon.
- The spike hit and miss messages refer to film directors Spike Lee and Spike Jonze and possibly bandleader Spike Jones.
- The hammer hit and miss messages refer to the MC Hammer song/album 2 Legit 2 Quit and album Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em respectively.