LTSynergy was a strategy used by many softcore speed ascenders prior to NS13 that allowed for very high stat gains at all levels. This strategy largely fell out of use after NS13 arrived, when Eye of the Stoat was changed to no longer grant a 100% hit chance when using Lunging Thrust-Smack. The original post may be found here
The basic premise is:
- Use multiple Hockey sticks of furious angry rage, and/or a Stainless steel scarf, or other items to massively boost Monster Level and, therefore, substat point gains from monsters.
- Have a full-weight Hovering Sombrero, which gives more bonus substat points for higher monster levels.
- Have Lunging Thrust-Smack (LTS) and Eye of the Stoat.
- Win combat initiative every time.
- Have equipment, passive skills and/or buffs with enough melee damage boosts that the guaranteed triple-damage LTS hit will kill the monster before it can attack you.
- Maximize Damage Absorption as much as possible; now that monsters gain 1 HP per monster level raised, there is a distinct possibility that a monster will survive the first LTS hit.
LTSynergy was very expensive; in fact, if you were an Apathetic Lizardman or even a Normal player, it wouldn't be worth trying, as you needed to have several permanent skills from different classes in order to make it work decently. For ease of explanation, the table below uses the conventions and strictures of the old Dressing For Success page and its various "Maximizing Your..." subpages, even though the LTSynergy was not a game mechanic.
- The full details of this strategy are on the forum.
- The rough order of prioritization for this layout was: Monster Level, Melee Damage, Initiative, Absorption.
- The bonus monster level is variable in most cases due to the Super-Secret Canadian Mind-Control Device (user set between +0 and +11ML) and Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance (+2ML/level, limited here to 11 due to assumptions regarding ascending post-Sorceress). For the KOL Deity, the Grimacite guayabera varies between +0 and +50 ML, depending upon Grimace.