Knight in White Satin
|Knight in White Satin|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
This is a Knight in White Satin. He never reaches the end. The end of kicking your ass, that is. Or getting his ass kicked by you. Whichever.
He sings a moody, blue song. You feel a sharp pain in your <kidney>. Argh! Argh!
He smacks you with a stack of letters he's written, never meaning to send. You feel the sting of a hundred papercuts. Argh! Ooh! Ow!
He demands that you bow down and worship satin, then kicks you in the <nipple>. Ow! Ouch!
He starts singing his moody, blue song and is joined by an orchestra coating every lyric in sugary strings and overwrought percussion. You pass out and smack your head on a large rock. Oof! Ooh! Ouch!
He sings a moody, blue song. You accompany him on the "stab you in the face."
He tries to tell you thoughts he cannot defend, but you refuse to listen.
He demands that you bow down and worship satin, but you demur.
He starts to attack again, but is distracted by beauty he had always missed with his eyes before. He spends about ten minutes smelling flowers on the path while you tap your foot and wait. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 24-36 Meat (average: 30, stdev: 2.83)*|
|You acquire an item: white sword (15.8% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: white satin pants (15.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: white satin shield (8.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: white page (5% chance)*|
- If you are on the appropriate bounty hunt:
|You acquire an item: white lint (100% chance)*|
|You gain 9-10 <substat>.|
Occurs at Whitey's Grove.
- Before June 6, 2007 the original image for the Knight in White Satin depicted the Knight holding the sword by the blade rather than by the hilt. Now the Knight is holding his sword in a much more comfortable fashion.
- Started dropping white pages on June 9, 2014.
- The title and adventure are a play on The Moody Blues' 1967 opus Nights in White Satin: "Nights in white satin / Never reaching the end..." The knight may also "sing you a moody, blue song", and "letters he's written, never meaning to send" also refers to lyrics from the song ("Letters I've written / never meaning to send")
- Satin is spelled similar to Satan, which would explain when it says "bow down and worship satin".