You're fighting the invader
You, an Adventurer with a death wish, apparently, float up to the invader and pick a fight with it.
The invader blasts you, point blank, with a shower of multicolored squares.
Phew. Now that justice has been served to the loathing exploding invader, you can carry on with the list of chores the council has prepared for you.
Occurs at The Invader, accessible at any time in a Kingdom of Exploathing run.
- Immune to all staggers and stuns
- This monster is a boss and cannot be copied or insta-killed by normal means.
- Attacks with all 5 elements every round. Elemental damage is initially 5x100% of your maximum HP, with a minimum of 150 (needs confirmation).
- Special attack damage is decreased by 10% per day, becoming 5x90% on day 2, 5x80% on day 3, and so on.
- The Invader has a damage cap of 100 damage per source per day in run.
- Damage cap per source becomes 200 on day 2, 300 on day 3, and so on.
- There are currently three strategies for defeating the Invader in a one or two day run: using Weapon of the Pastalord with a Meteorb, using Lunging Thrust-Smack with prismatic damage, or juggling lots of massage oils and combat items.
- Pastalord deals 2 sources of damage, which Meteorb increases to 3. Casting the spell twice on day 2 can do up to 1200 damage. (Other "lantern" type spell boosters now make this tactic viable on day 1)
- Lunging Thrust-Smack requires being a Seal Clubber wielding a club in the mainhand, and at least 27 prismatic damage. LTS will deal 100 base damage, and the tripled elemental damage will equal 27*3*5, dealing a total of 505 damage. This is the most straightforward approach to killing the Invader on day 1.
- Funkyslinging gas cans and water pipe bombs, followed by massage oils and more combat items each round to heal yourself and to damage the invader. Along with a bit of passive damage and an attacking familiar, it's possible to defeat the Invader on day 1 using 2-3 massage oils.
- Alternatively you can use multiple pocket wishes and other sources of elemental resistance to reduce the amount of incoming damage to reasonable levels and attack with strong spells.
- A strategy involving reducing your maximum HP and using Curse of Marinara was formerly the best way to defeat the Invader on day 1. This strategy was rendered impossible as of August 19, 2019, when the Invader began dealing a mimimum of 150 damage per element.