This shimmering ball of positive energy is a cosmic reward for a good deed well done. It's gonna get you -- get you right in the face!
(In-game plural: units of Instant Karma)
- The Sorceress' Chamber (level 13 or below)
- Naughty Sorceress (3)
- Guy Made Of Bees
- The Avatar of Sneaky Pete
- Rene C. Corman
- The Avatar of Boris
- Principal Mooney
- The Avatar of Jarlsberg
- The Rain King
- %playername the Adventurer
- One Thousand Source Agents
- Jerry Bradford, Pokéfam World Champion
- Bridge (level 13 or below)
- Bugbear Captain
- Freeing the King (ingame leaderboard/subboard ascensions only).
- A Volcanic Cave (only after solving the lava puzzle)
- Gorgolok, the Demonic Hellseal
- Stella, the Demonic Turtle Poacher
- Spaghetti Demon
- Lumpy, the Demonic Sauceblob
- Demon of New Wave
- Somerset Lopez, Demon Mariachi
- Mer-kin Temple
- You Beat Shub to a Stub, Bub
- You Brought Her To Her Kn-kn-kn-kn-knees, Knees.
- Dad Sea Monkee
- karma shawarma (every 11th consumption)
|You lift the karma into the air and let it shine down on you. You're filled with sweetness and light (and saffron, for some reason. That's weird.)|
|(You gain 5 Spleen.)|
- On discard:
|You discard your Instant Karma.
Maybe it'll come back to you in your next life.
- Since January 1, 2018, the Instant Karma like other level 13+ consumables may no longer be consumed in Hardcore/Ronin.
- Discarding an Instant Karma grants an additional 11 Karma when you ascend (this does not increase your banked Karma in your quest log).
- As a spleen item, it is equivalent to a Breathetastic™ Premium Canned Air.
- A casual ascension does not give you an Instant Karma for defeating the Naughty Sorceress, although you can still get one for beating your nemesis and one from what you encounter inside the Mer-kin Temple.
- When defeating the Naughty Sorceress or other final bosses, your level is only checked at the start of combat (the Sausage combat, if Naughty Sorceress). If you leveled up to 14 and then deleveled back down to 13 afterward, or if you reach level 14 with the statgain from beating the boss, you will still get the karma.
- The item description refers to the John Lennon song "Instant Karma!".
- Saffron robes are associated in Hindu and Theravada Buddhist traditions with the religious path, the quest for light, salvation, etc.
- See Delevel for how to lower your level to 13 for the Naughty Sorceress fight.
- Prior to May 17, 2011, discarded Instant Karma (up to a limit of 3) would be given to you at the start of your next ascension. The "maybe it'll come back to you" text is a leftover from that time, and is now somewhat misleading.
|TOP 10 Instant Karma collections|
6. Eleron - 578 | 7. Thumbtack - 567 | 8. Cheesecookie - 567 | 9. Sean Clannery - 557 | 10. Volc - 551
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings