|Locations||The Defiled Cranny|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso, tail|
This is, without a doubt, the biggest ghuol you've ever seen. A spooky aura radiates from within his decaying flesh.
It gnaws on your entire head with its huge fangs. You forget the piano lessons you had as a child. Ooh! Ow! Ooh! Ouch! Ugh! (spooky damage)
It gazes a piercing stare into the depths of your soul. You feel part of your soul die, and can no longer sing the blues. Ooh! Eek! Ouch! Argh! Argh! (spooky damage)
It claws you with his huge claws. If only you could have found an escape clause somewhere. Ouch! Eek! Argh! Ouch! Eek! (spooky damage)
It leaps high in the air and lands right on you! You're smothered by the weight, and by the awful smell. It's like the last time you visited your great-aunt Marge. Ow! Ouch! Ow! Argh! (spooky damage)
It tries to gnaw on your head, but you head it off at the pass, making it pass on the head.
It tries to pierce your <eye> with its huge fangs, but they're about as sharp as your thumb.
It gazes a gazely stare at you, but you gaze right back. Take that, Nietzsche!
It tries to claw you with his huge claws, but they're too big to be sharp.
It stumbles forward, intent on crushing you under its weight, but trips and falls in an open grave! It takes a while to pull itself out, while you sit back and laugh. (FUMBLE!)
The huge ghuol feasts on a nearby corpse, and looks refreshed.
|You gain 240-360 Meat. (average: 300, stdev: 24.9)*|
|You acquire an item: ghuol ears (? chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ghuol egg (? chance)*|
|You gain 53 <substat>.|
- This monster is a boss and cannot be copied or insta-killed by normal means.
- The combat ends with a message that closes the Cranny: "As the last breath (which, in case you were wondering, was foul-smelling and went on for a really long time) escapes the huge ghuol, your Evilometer beeps once, very loudly."
- The huge ghuol will only heal itself when below half of its maximum HP.
- Healing occurs 30% of the time, and restores 1-10 HP.
- This monster had a different description when it was a part of the choice adventure Lunchtime. The new old description of this enemy was:
- You try to come up with something witty to say as you attack the huge ghuol, maybe something about biting off more than he can chew, but you can't really think of anything. Which is probably just as well, considering that ghuols don't speak English.
- You settle for a good old-fashioned "Heeeaaaaargh!" as you charge foward, preparing to lay a righteous smack down on his rotten-flesh-smelling ass.
- One of the miss messages contains a reference to the David Bowie song, "The Man Who Sold The World": "I gazed a gazely stare / at all the millions here"; and also a reference to a quote from the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche: "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."