Hobo code binder
| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
This is a hobo code binder (or Hobocobo, for short) -- a device used by hobos to keep track of the vastly complicated code of glyphs and sigils they use to communicate. And it's the cheap, ordinary kind of binder, because hobos can't afford Trapper Keepers.
(In-game plural: hobo code binders)
- Without having learned more about the hobo code:
|You flip through the hobo code binder. It contains a good overview of basic hobo code.|
- After having encountered any of the hobo code adventures:
|You flip through the hobo code binder. It contains a good overview of basic hobo code, plus notes you've gathered from your experiences in <areas you learned code in>.|
- The binder must be equipped to encounter the glyph adventures.
- Although the exact mechanics are unknown, hobo code adventures which grant glyphs are believed to be superlikely adventures with a high rejection rate. They are not affected by Combat Frequency modifiers. Clara's bell and stench jelly have no effect on encountering them.
- When the first glyph is found, a new section in the Quest Log opens which lists the Hobo glyph(s) you have found.
- When the Binder is equipped, the number of hobocodes that are in it assist in the Sewer Tunnel and The Hobo Marketplace.
- Allows the special hobo code adventures to be encountered. The hobo codes are retained through ascensions similar to the demon names. The 20 adventures are:
- Take note of the marked adventures:
- 1The appropriate zone is only accessible for a limited time during the course of a single ascension, usually when a certain quest has been begun but has not yet been completed. Check the individual zones' wiki pages for more information.
- 2The appropriate zone becomes unavailable for a limited time during the course of a single ascension, when a certain quest is in progress.
- 3The appropriate zone is only accessible while ascending under certain moon signs.
- A Trapper Keeper is a popular brand of binder that is of a higher quality than a regular binder.
- Hobo code is an actual series of symbols used by hobos to communicate.
"3220" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.