History of Loathing (2023)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023|
January 03, 2023
- January's Item-of-the-Month, the Rock Garden Guide, is now available in Mr Store. Rock on, you crazy gardeners!
- Visit Mr. Store to pick up the unoccupied sheep suit, a helpful familiar for gaining stats, finding items, and making neat stuff out of wool! It'll be available for all of 2023.
- The Cyrpt bosses now only account for the last 13 units of evil, so they take a little longer to show up.
January 04, 2023
- The monster resulting from improper use of the [glitch season reward name] is now limited to providing 1,111 stats from combat.
January 09, 2023
- Hark! Crimbo Town will once again fade into the mists at rollover on Wednesday night.
January 20, 2023
- The 8-Bit Realm has gotten a bit of a facelift, including a new acquisition method for the digital key.
January 30, 2023
- Adventure absorption from monsters in the Grey You challenge path has been limited to 500 per day, to squash some degenerate path-dropping farming behavior.
- You (your character) can now only enter the astral gash (ascend) once per in-game day (between two rollovers).
February 01, 2023
- The Nuclear Autumn path can no longer be dropped in the first three days of a run.
February 02, 2023
- February's Item-of-the-Month, the S.I.T. Course Voucher, is now available in Mr. Store. Your chance to learn about bugs, rocks, and plants from a prestigious university.
February 13, 2023
- Astute observers may have noticed the emergence of certain shadowy rifts in various Kingdom locales.
February 16, 2023
- A new challenge path! Play as one of the classes from Shadows Over Loathing.
February 26, 2023
- Due to various plague-related logistical challenges, we're gonna need a few extra days to get March's Item-of-the-Month out the door.
March 06, 2023
- March's Item-of-the-Month, the closed-circuit phone system, is finally in Mr. Store! Install one today!
March 14, 2023
- Bosses you fight for Rufus will no longer consume an Adventure.
April 07, 2023
- April's Item-of-the-Month, the cursed monkey's paw, is available in Mr. Store and has been for a few days now!
April 19, 2023
- Shadows Over Loathing is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop!
May 01, 2023
- There are now messages in the charpane if your character has one of the things that forces the next adventure to be a noncombat.
May 02, 2023
- May's Item-of-the-Month, the shrink-wrapped Cincho de Mayo, is now available in Mr. Store. It's a party on your hips!
May 14, 2023
- The shadow rifts have faded into the... darker shadows?
- The latest challenge path, Legacy of Loathing, is now available.
May 31, 2023
- June's Item-of-the-Month, the shrink-wrapped 2002 Mr. Store Catalog, is now available in Mr. Store. Storeception.
June 01, 2023
- The sot will now give you a new place to go iif your current place becomes inaccessible.
June 22, 2023
- Due to frequent requests over the past two decades, a name change form is now available in Mr. Store for one Mr. Accessory.
June 27, 2023
- The fiberglass foil no longer works in skid row. And dinosaur modifiers no longer apply. For, you know, reasons.
June 30, 2023
- July's Item-of-the-Month, the sleeping patriotic eagle, is now available in Mr. Store. Pick one up and start pledging allegiance to some areas of the Kingdom.
July 13, 2023
- An old friend has rolled into Market Square. Take a look.
July 31, 2023
- August's Item-of-the-Month, the august scepter, is now available in Mr. Store. Pick one up and celebrate lions and thriftshops and beaches, oh my! Also 28 other cool things.
August 14, 2023
- A new challenge path has appeared - A Shrunken Adventurer am I!
August 17, 2023
August 31, 2023
- The book of facts, September's Item-of-the-Month, is now in Mr. Store. Pick one up and learn all the things!
September 05, 2023
- CDMoyer apologizes, but the double-sided tape and cognac he accidentally included in the book of facts random item selection are no longer avaialable.
September 12, 2023
- Getting older, squinting at chat? Check out the new chat size options on the account page.
- You may now only equip one ceramic celsiturometer and one ceramic cerecloth belt at a time. More than that is really a fashion faux pas!
September 19, 2023
- Are the august scepter skills too much awesome for you to handle? Click the handy dandy [disable] link to hide those skills until you click [enable]! Fun wow!
September 30, 2023
- October's Item-of-the-Month, the Dark Jill-of-All-Trades, is now available in Mr. Store. Looks like Halloween has come early this year! Trick or treat!
October 16, 2023
- The Shore, Inc. Gift Shop is now a thing you click on, rather than a thing you choose from a menu in the zone.
October 31, 2023
- A Guide to Burning Leaves, November's Item-of-the-Month, is now available in Mr. Store. Pick one up, start a fire, get some cool stuff.
November 27, 2023
- The Time-Twitching Tower has materialized in Seaside Town! (The Time-Twitcher's Almanac suggests that it will stay around for a week.)
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023|