History of Loathing (2022)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023|
January 03, 2022
- The Lucky Lindy, Optimal Dog, and Sunday's Pillkeeper Pill now conform to our modern notions of luck.
- Weird, Complicated, You Probably Don't Care Mechanics Warnings: The cold medicine cabinet now tracks the types of zones you visit after finishing a fight that takes a turn, not when you click a zone. Sorry, the few of you that figured out how to exploit the old way.
January 05, 2022
- The zones on the bottom floor of Spookyraven Manor are now considered to be underground by the entities that consider such things.
- Jick is going to appear on the next episode of the Ascension Speed Show podcast. Details in this forum post.
January 07, 2022
- Mischievous Yuletide spirits have informed us that Crimbo Town will fade back into the mists at rollover on Sunday night.
January 10, 2022
- "+ Booze Drops from Monsters" now applies to cocktailcrafting ingredients. This is so that "+ Food Drops from Monsters" no longer thinks that it is so much cooler.
- The miniature crystal ball now allows you to ponder it, viewing all applicable predictions that have been made. That said, a prediction coming true now moves you into a mirror dimension where any other predictions are no longer true.
February 02, 2022
February's Item-of-the-Month, the combat lover's locket lockbox, is now available in Mr. Store. Look at those photographs!
February 17, 2022
In the spring challenge path, available now and for the past few days, you can become your true Grey You. Go forth and absorb monsters throughout the Kingdom.
February 25, 2022
February 28, 2022
We're still hashing out some fundamental conceptual flaws... I mean... minor last minute balance tweaks... with the Item-of-the-Month. It's gonna be a little late.
March 07, 2022
March's Item-of-the-Month, the grey gosling, is now available in Mr. Store. Sorry for the delay!
April 06, 2022
April's Item-of-the-Month, the undamaged Unbreakable Umbrella, is now available in Mr. Store. Keep yourself dry in those April Showers.
April 25, 2022
The unbreakable umbrella will now let you ride the updraft in the heating vent in the castle in the clouds in the sky in the kindgom of loathing game in your browser in your computer in your home in your country.
May 04, 2022
Mayday! Mayday! Avoid your own emergencies - get May's Item-of-the-Month today! The MayDay(tm) Contract will insure that you have the supplies needed to survive in any situation!
June 01, 2022
We're gonna need another couple of days to finish up June's Item-of-the-Month. Stay tuned to get juned.
June 06, 2022
June's Item-of-the-Month, the packaged June cleaver, is now available in Mr. Store. We're very sorry about the delay. Go have some strange blacker and whiter daydreams.
July 01, 2022
We're gonna need another couple of days to sweat the details of July's Item-of-the-Month.
July 05, 2022
July's Item-of-the-Month, a pair of high-end designer sweatpants, is now available in Mr. Store.
August 02, 2022
August's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Sweatshop. Pick one up and starting drinking that recycled familiar-sweat!
August 15, 2022
Ascend into the new path, Fall of the Dinosaurs, and have a dino-mite time! You can't tricera-top this path. PS. There are dinosaurs.
August 18, 2022
Did you know we sell merchandise? We had basically forgotten about it ourselves, but there's some stuff available over at Topatoco.
August 31, 2022
Welcome to the Jurassic Parka, which is September's Item-of-the-Month and now available in Mr. Store.
October 04, 2022
October's Item-of-the-Month, the boxed autumn-aton, is finally available in Mr. Store. Pick one up and have something else visit your least favorite zones!
October 11, 2022
To celebrate West of Loathing's approaching 1895th birthday,* we're reopening the Time-Twitching Tower for the whole week! Time to party like it's 1895! * (That's 1895 days since release -- wait, is that not what birthday means?)
October 18, 2022
Heads up! The Party of 1895 will soon be ending. The Time-Twitching Tower will be just a memory after tomorrow's rollover. (About 36 hours from now.)
November 02, 2022
Is it November already? Well then, head on over to Mr. Store and pick up a mummified entombed cookbookbat. He'll reveal ancient recipes, help you find more food, and teach you to cook more quickly!
November 11, 2022
- Surprise, it's our next game! Shadows Over Loathing, available right now on Steam.
- In honor of Asymmetric’s new prohibition-era game, we’ve released a limited time item in Mr. Store - The deed to Oliver's Place.
November 16, 2022
Patrons of the location originally known as Oliver's Place will now be able to brawl three times each day without costing an adventure.
December 7, 2022
December's Item-of-the-Month, the packaged model train set, is belatedly available in Mr. Store. Set it up in your workshed, arrange your scale models, and have a blast.
December 14, 2022
Crimbo Town has once again emerged from the eldritch mists of the Big Mountains.
December 22, 2022
Your workshed will now reset on ascensions. IotM workshed items should now auto-pull on ascension. You can can always change your workshed item once per day. (Which means using two items when you ascend. The first one and then change it.)
December 26, 2022
There was a bug that caused some players to miss the opportunity to fight the Crimbo boss. Visiting the main map should fix anybody in this situation. Sorry!
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023|