History of Loathing (2021)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023|
January 01, 2021
- January's Item-of-the-Month and 2021's Item-of-the-Year are now both available in Mr. Store-of-the-Town.
January 14, 2021
- Crimbo Town has begun to slowly fade back into the mists. Seems likely that it will have fully faded as of the evening of Monday, January 18th.
February 02, 2021
- February's Item-of-the-Month, the emotion chip, is now available in Mr. Store. Get one and feel the feels.
February 14, 2021
- The Spring Challenge Path, "You, Robot" is now available wherever new iterations of existence are sold.
March 01, 2021
- Just as it has in each of the past 17 years, the shortness of February came as a huge surprise to us. March's IotM will be a day late.
March 02, 2021
- March's Item-of-the-Month, the Potted Power Plant, is now available in Mr. Store!
April 02, 2021
- April's Item-of-the-Month, the packaged backup camera, is now available. Back on up and get one.
April 06, 2021
- The Raffle House has (perfectly legimately) acquired a large number of valuable items, and will be giving them away over the next several hundred days.
May 04, 2021
- Order up! The May Item-of-the-Month, the shortest-order cook, is now available in Mr. Store.
May 18, 2021
- It's been three days, have you tried the new challenge path yet? All familiars in the Kingdom have folded into one Quantum Terrarium. Experience the oldest familiars, the rarest familiars, and a bunch of random fun!
June 01, 2021
- Due to circumstances entirely under CDM's control, the Item-of-the-Month will be out tomorrow instead of today. He's very sorry about this.
June 03, 2021
- June's Item-of-the-Month, the packaged familiar scrapbook, is now available from Mr. Store. Grab one and start remembering those precious familiar moments.
June 10, 2021
- The Museum in Seaside Town now has more up-to-date leaderboards and also some additional floors.
August 14, 2021
- The Fall Challenge Path, Wildfire, is now available to newly-ascended souls.
August 21, 2021
- August 21, 2021 - Look, it's a bookmobile in market square!
October 05, 2021
- October's Item-of-the-Month, the Vampire Vintner, is now available in Mr. Store. It's scary how much he needs wine.
October 19, 2021
- Newer Vampire Vintner wine is now slightly more potent, older wine is now less potent. All wine gives 2 more turns of the appropriate effect.
November 02, 2021
- The order of effects from the Daylight Shavings Helmet has been tweaked. (Sorry Spaders!) Also, Boris no longer gets stuck with one effect forever.
December 02, 2021
- Spleen items no longer show an often misleading quality rating, if they don't give adventures.
December 18, 2021
- The Site Alpha team hit the nog machine with a wrench a few times, and it should now be working properly.
December 23, 2021
- With the thawing of the Site Alpha Primary Lab, the Kingdom's supply of inert grey goo rings has become significantly less inert.
December 27, 2021
- Transcendent Olfaction should no longer show up in your skills list if you already have the current monster olfacted. This does not presage anything ominous. Certainly it does not.
December 31, 2021
- Happy New Year! Several changes have been made to mark the turnover of the Standard season. A forum thread is forthcoming, but see the trivial announcements for details in the meantime.
- To make pull lists less of a foregone conclusion and create a more interesting decision space, we've made it so you can only pull one of a given item from Hagnk's each day.
- Transcendent Olfaction no longer costs MP, no longer expires, and is limited to 3 casts per day.
- Clover adventures and Semirares have been consolidated into a single system. In related news, the Hermit has discovered a new species of clover with EVEN MORE LEAVES.
- Astral Energy Drinks have returned to the Deli Lama, and now interact with the aforementioned system.
- Oh also Cannonfire40 wants me to announce that the Demon Name adventures in the Spooky Forest and Haunted Bathroom are now unavailable until after whatever thing happens in there that people care about.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023|