History of Loathing (2019)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021|
January 01, 2019
- The Avatar of Sneaky Pete can't be dropped during the first three days. For reasons. The 9 of you that were going to do that this year, sorry.
January 02, 2019
- Thanks to an generous endowment from the Loathing Diamond Society, the museum was able to build a fifth floor to display the growing collection of standard ascension annual displays.
- January's Item-of-the-Month, the Kramco Industries packing carton, is now available in Mr. Store. Get out there and grind some sausage!
January 04, 2019
- The grinder interface now reports how many units each item will yield.
January 07, 2019
- A dictionary can now be found in the library, making the Baron's quest finishable again. The one in Spookyraven Manor, not the one across from the Sleazy Back Alley.
- 2018's Standard gear is now available in The Armory and Leggery if you have the proper currency.
January 08, 2019
- Turning the chore wheel in the Castle in the Clouds in the Sky no longer takes a turn, so people can stop doing the horrible dumb optimization trick it led to.
January 10, 2019
- Haunted hell ramen is now properly a pasta and saucy. In addition to haunted, hellish, noodley, and delicious.
January 29, 2019
- The MMG can now only be played by accounts with registered e-mail addresses, and the house cut has been increased to 1%. Stop playing the MMG.
- A minor earthquake has spread out the buildings on the Wrong Side of the Tracks a little bit. Do not be alarmed.
- An aftershock has similarly rearranged the Right Side of the Tracks. There is nothing to worry about.
January 31, 2019
- Do they know it's not Crimbo anymore? Yule hounds, I mean? Yes, they do now.
February 01, 2019
- February's Item-of-the-Month, the Lil' Doctor doctor bag, is now available in Mr. Store. Get out there and help some people!
February 14, 2019
February 20, 2019
- There's a new mechanic at play in the Smut Orc Logging Camp. Mysterious!
- Limited per day Dark Gyffte skills now say in their description how many more uses you have for the day.
- Bookes of Vampyric Knowledge are now usable (at your own risk) and also tradable (at your own risk and also the risk of whoever you trade it to.)
March 08, 2019
- The planned Item-of-the-Month got really out of hand, so we've decided to do a different, smaller-scale one. It'll be out in a few hours. Jick is sorry for his irresponsible behavior.
- And there it is! March's second-string Item-of-the-Month, the vampyric cloake, is now available in Mr. Store. It features extensive vamping.
March 11, 2019
- The formulas in the Blech House encounter have been tweaked. Muscle is now more effective than before, and Moxie is less effective.
April 01, 2019
- Ahoy! April's Item-of-the-Month, the PirateRealm membership packet, is now available in Mr. Store. Get ready to buckle your swashes!
May 01, 2019
- May's Item-of-the-Month is out, three days early! Grab your Fourth of May Cosplay Saber kit and help defeat the (cosplay) empire!
May 14, 2019
- Two Crazy Random Summer, the latest seasonal challenge path, is now live. And crazy!
May 15, 2019
June 05, 2019
- June's Item-of-the-Month is going to be a few more days delayed. ;( We're really sorry about this.
- A variety of externalities are interfering with our stated business goal of on-time shipping of June's Item-of-the-Month. Rest assured we are looking into it.
June 11, 2019
- June's Item-of-the-Month, the hewn moon-rune spoon (contained in a rune-strewn spoon cocoon) is now available in Mr. Stoon.
July 03, 2019
- July's Item-of-the-Month, the Beach Comb Box, is now in Mr. Store. Grab a comb and do some beachscaping.
August 03, 2019
- August's Item-of-the-Month, the Distant Woods Getaway Brochure, is now available in Mr. Store.
August 14, 2019
- The Fall Challenge Path, Kingdom of Exploathing, is now available!
August 15, 2019
- The Clan District (in Kingdom of Exploathing) has fallen out of orbit and landed on the floating fragment of Desert Beach.
August 20, 2019
- Bunches of updates and fixes yesterday, thanks Aenimus for the compilation: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showpost.php?p=5047487&postcount=2
August 26, 2019
- The house cut on the Money-Making Game has been reduced to -23%, which caused the Money-Making Game to cease to exist.
September 04, 2019
- September's Item-of-the-Month, the packaged Pocket Professor, is now available in Mr. Store. Learn something today!
September 25, 2019
The formula for pocket professor skill uses per day has been tweaked to be more generous at low weight and less... obviously broken at mega weight.
December 05, 2019
- December's Item-of-the-Month, the red-spotted snapper roe, is now available in Mr. Store. Grab one and have your sleigh guided tonight!
December 14, 2019
- The fateful hour has come round at last -- Crimbo Town has emerged from the eldritch mists, and something else has emerged from beneath the similarly-eldritch waves!
December 15, 2019
- Do Not Open 'Til Crimbo boxes are now available at the Gift Shop in Bordertown.
December 19, 2019
- Human musk no longer takes an adventure the first three times you use it each day. Happy Crimbo!
December 29, 2019
- Dolph Bossin's hat has been altered to be more of a gift and less of a secret lump of accidental coal.
December 31, 2019
- January's Item-of-the-Month is planning on overdoing it a little bit at the party tonight, so it will be a few days late.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021|