History of Loathing (2018)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021|
January 01, 2018
- 2018's Familiar-of-the-Year is now available in Mr. Store. January's Item-of-the-Month will be coming along any day now. Tomorrow, let's say.
- Let's say Today is Tomorrow and January's Item-of-the-Month, January's Garbage Tote, is now in Mr. Store.
- In celebration of International Nerf Day, the amount of Meat that can be earned from fights that don't take an Adventure has been capped.
- In celebration of Slightly Later in the Afternoon on International Nerf Day, spleen items that give Adventures are no longer a thing in Ronin or Hardcore, via various tweaks and twerks.
January 02, 2018
- That leftover cheer? Those spare warehouse keys? Maybe take a look at them in your inventory. (wink, wink)
January 03, 2018
- PvP Fights remaining now reset to 10 when you ascend, instead of when you break your stone. Congrats, premature PvP consumable ingesters.
January 14, 2018
- That thing about PvP fights reseting when you ascend instead of breaking your stone, forget you ever saw that trivial. ;)
January 20, 2018
- The "things I can use" inventory filter now understands the new rules regarding level 13+ items and hardcore/ronin.
- Hi Meins now have a level requirement of 12. Yay!
February 01, 2018
- February's Item-of-the-Month isn't quite ready yet, so it's going to be a bit late. Sorry!
February 07, 2018
- February's Latest-Ever-Item-of-the-Month is finally available! Hotstuff is very sorry about the delay.
February 14, 2018
- It's a new challenge path -- Pocket Familiars. You already caught 'em all, now go force them to fight for you!
March 02, 2018
- March's Item-of-the-Month is going to be released on Monday, because Jick didn't want to draw all of the stuff Riff made him draw for it. Jick is sorry.
March 06, 2018
- March's Item-of-the-Month is now in Mr. Store. Grab a Pokéfam Guide to Capturing All of Them and capture all of them!
March 27, 2018
- Breaking news: thwaitgold is now Thwaitgold in the two most recent statues. Also, something about a monorail.
April 03, 2018
- Jick's sinuses and lungs are on the mend and work on the IotM is proceeding apace. We expect to be able to release it by the end of the week.
April 06, 2018
- April's Item-of-the-Month is basically finished, but so much stuff went in at the last minute that I'll feel a lot better if we can get another weekend's worth of testing in before release. Look forward to this behemoth on Monday. -Jick
April 09, 2018
- April's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. It unlocks FantasyRealm, a realm of fantasy available via the newly-opened LyleCo Monorail.
May 01, 2018
- May's Item-of-the-Month, the God Lobster Egg, is now in Mr. Store. All Hail our new Crustaceous Overlord!
May 15, 2018
- Guess what happened last night? The new seasonal challenge path, G-Lover, was released! Get going! Grab a Garland of Greatness!
June 01, 2018
- June's Item-of-the-Month, the SongBoom BoomBox, is now available in Mr. Store. Rock Out!
June 05, 2018
- West of Loathing is out now on the Nintendo Switch eShop! (It's also on Steam or GOG if you prefer.)
June 13, 2018
- It's Tuesday somewhere. A handful of monsters drop new spleen items. And a handful more will soon.
July 03, 2018
- July's Item-of-the-Month needs more explosive force, so we're waiting until all the fireworks are marked down after the 4th. Look for it at the end of this week!
July 08, 2018
- Hotstuff apparently doesn't know when weeks end, and is very sorry about the continued delay of the IotM. It'll be another couple days. Thanks for your patience!
July 11, 2018
- July’s Item of the Month, the kitten burglar, is now in Mr. Store. We’re sorry it’s late! The still unfinished item we had been working on will now be next month’s item, with extra polish!
August 01, 2018
- August's (July's) Item-of-the-Month will be released tomorrow. Jick is very sorry about the single day (several weeks) of delay.
- Oh also. When the 1-year anniversary of the release of West of Loathing happens on August 10, we'll be removing the Horsery from Mr. Store. If you want a Horsery, don't hold your horses -- get it now!
August 02, 2018
- August's Item-of-the-Month, the Bastille Battalion control rig, is now available in Mr. Store. Just in time for Bastille Day!
August 10, 2018
- West of Loathing is a year old today! In celebration it's 33% off on Steam and GOG for today only! Also, last chance to horse -- the Horsery leaves Mr. Store at rollover tonight (Friday).
August 15, 2018
- The Fall Challenge Path, Disguises Delimit, is now live. Get your mask on.
- You can now properly swap masks with monsters wearing the protest mask, if you want to do that for some reason.
August 17, 2018
- Your shadow will no longer ever wear a protest mask. Future trivial updates are required to be about something other than protest masks.
August 21, 2018
- Finished a Disguises Delimit run? Check your inventory for an exciting thwaitgold item. Also, your account avatar page for new feature.
September 04, 2018
- September's Item-of-the-Month, the Neverending Party invitation envelope, is now in Mr. Store. Party on!
September 20, 2018
- You can now walk away from the intro choice in the Neverending Party if you want, like if you accidentally show up wearing the wrong shirt or something.
October 01, 2018
- October's Item-of-the-Month, the Latte Lovers Club Card is now in Mr. Store. You're going to like it a latte. I'm sorry. (A little sorry, not a latte.)
October 9, 2018
- The mime army challenge coin now has a high level requirement so that you aren't tempted to use it immediately on a new Ascension.
November 01, 2018
- We took a vote and decided that November's Item-of-the-Month needs a little more lovin', so we're gonna put it off until tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
November 02, 2018
- November’s Item-of-the-Month is here! It’s a Voter Registration Form, but it only registers you to vote for Kingdom politics, not real ones, so you have to go out and do that separately.
December 03, 2018
- The spirit of Crimbo is in the air, and an Advent Calendar has materialized out of that air and into your campsite! (It's actually been there for days - we just forgot to mention it. Doh!)
December 05, 2018
- What even is Boxing Day? We speculate on this mysterious holiday with December’s Item-of-the-Month, available now in Mr. Store.
December 14, 2018
- Once again, Crimbo Town has emerged from the eldritch mists in the Big Mountains.
December 28, 2018
- Fixed an issue with the perfectly balanced antler where instead of doing what it was supposed to do, it did nothing at all.
December 31, 2018
- Some very old potions have been converted to spleen items. Look forward to more of this kind of thing in the coming weeks.
- A couple of important quest monsters can no longer be copied. Nerf nerf nerf.
- The Talisman o' Nam can no longer be obtained from the pirates. Sorry. It's time.
- The abridged dictionary has been removed from Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books. We'll figure out somewhere harmless to stuff it later.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021|