History of Loathing (2016)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020|
January 01, 2016
- The 2016 Items-of-the-Year will be... two weeks late. Let's say. Two weeks. That seems like a good long time.
January 06, 2016
- The Frost Bite skill now deals the physical damage it was supposed to deal instead of the hot damage it wasn't.
- The red and green face paint from Crimbo are now free pulls.
January 14, 2016
- I'm gonna need another week to finish 2016's Items-of-the-Year. They're just that good!
January 21, 2016
- Due to losing an entire day of work to server issues today, I think we're gonna have to push the Items-of-the-Year back to Monday. Sorry. :( -Jick
January 25, 2016
- 2016's Items-of-the-Year are finally here! A cool robin and a cheap, single-use Batman... I mean Batfellow... minigame.
February 01, 2016
- You guys, I know this is gonna come as a complete surprise, but I need an extra day for the Item-of-the-Month. -XOXO, Jick
February 02, 2016
- February's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. Get some Wild West quests from the LT&T Telegraph Office!
February 03, 2016
- A bunch of Meatpasting recipes that were supposed to exist in the LT&T content now actually do exist.
February 07, 2016
- The LT&T Office should no longer offer the same quest twice in a row. This might take one more quest to kick in 'cause of where the logic lives.
February 14, 2016
- The Spring 2016 Challenge Path is here! Play KoL as the classes from the upcoming new game West of Loathing! Yee-haw!
February 16, 2016
- A forgotten Snake Oiler patent medicine recipe has been discovered (marked public.) Sorry.
February 18, 2016
- Going forward, completing an AWOL ascension in hardcore will give you two skill points in future runs.
February 19, 2016
- Persistent Batfellow readers (completing 20+ adventures) now receive a bonus comic on Mondays -- Darkness and Brooding, Batfellow.
February 22, 2016
- The Raffle House has some new high-tech prizes. Ticket prices have been increased to reflect the high-techness.
- In AWOL, Cowrruption no longer limits the stats of Cow Punchers and can be consumed with the Absorb Cowrruption skill.
- AWOL (and other special) classes can now use Batfellow comics and Western Slang Volumes are now free pulls.
- A set of convenient links to all of the Year-in-Review podcasts I can find has been added to http://radio.kingdomofloathing.com/
February 29, 2016
- Long Con, the Snake Oiler skill, is now more powerful. (KoL Science Nerds: it now overrides the queue like Olfaction)
- We're hard at work on March's Item-of-the-Month, but it's going to be a day or two late. Current puzzle count: 42.
March 03, 2016
- Better late than never, you can trade Uncle Bucks for AWOL skill point in Mr. Store. (ps. You can also just play a bunch for fun) ;)
- March's Item-of-the-Month, the Witchess Set, is now in Mr. Store. Go forth, fight and puzzle.
March 15, 2016
- Witchess Set owners may now challenge friends, enemies, or the WORLD to games of Witchess! (Also, current puzzle count: 167)
March 18, 2016
- The Armorer and Leggerer now sells last year's Standard gear rewards. They can be bought with smashed wicker and bakelite.
March 30, 2016
- Peppermint tailings from Crimbo 2014 are now tradable.
- The stories you get on A-Boo Peak should now be less always-the-same.
March 31, 2016
- All three porkstone-handled-sixguns should now have special effects when used in combat.
April 01, 2016
April 05, 2016
- Let's all take a moment to reflect on the 2015 Standard Season, and visit the museum's third floor. Sorry for the delay!
April 06, 2016
- Chewable paper can now be pulled from Hagnk's for free.
- The Other Accomplishments page of your quest log now reports your Royalty, if you have any Royalty.
April 11, 2016
- We're going to be making some changes to KoL's server infrastructure this week, so there might be occasional turbulence.
April 12, 2016
- KoL will be down for a few hours today, starting at about 10am Pacific time.
- KoL is back up, and better than ever! We hope. Let us know if it's the same as or worse than ever.
April 13, 2016
- It's Tuesday somewhere! The Elemental Airport now has a Duty Free shop for people who don't believe in paying their taxes.
April 26, 2016
- Passive Skills are now shown (by default, in non-dropdown mode) on the Skills Page. PvP HC Fame (And Fame taken) are now on your profile.
May 02, 2016
- The local drunks have started celebrating Cinco de Mayo a little early...
May 03, 2016
- Sorry, the Intergnat no longer works a bunch of places if probably shouldn't, like while being batfellow.
May 07, 2016
- Oh, so May's Item-of-the-Month, the Intergnat, came out a few days ago and we forgot to announce it.
May 12, 2016
- If you have a vast collection of barrels that need smashing, you can now smash them all at once with a handy button! Also, /mobile will let you toggle in and out of mobile mode.
May 13, 2016
- West of Loathing is a finalist in the Seattle Indie Game Competition! Come see it! http://powerofplay.us/registration/
May 14, 2016
- Take the red pill and step in to the new challenge path: The Source.
May 15, 2016
- By popular request, the fights where SPOILER happens in The Source no longer takes a turn.
- ELDRITCH HORRORs (via the Intergnat) are now more likely to drop scrolls. (Because randomly dropping a candle first no longer prevents scrolls for the day.)
May 16, 2016
- The Source skills that stagger Agents now say that in their descriptions.
- Certain huge stat gains from recent Items-of-the-Month no longer work for users of the Source.
May 18, 2016
- We've experimentally enabled zooming in the mobile interface. If we get more complaints than gratitude, we might undo this.
- Today we are officially announcin' our next game, West of Loathing! It's basically Skyrim with beans.
Head on over to our Steam Greenlight campaign to see more details and help us out, would ya, pilgrim?
May 19, 2016
- Source Agents have been upgraded to no longer assume all women are married.
May 24, 2016
- Source Agents now get less difficult if you run away from or are defeated by them. Runs-away also always work against them.
June 01, 2016
June 03, 2016
- Skills granted by the Source terminal are now correctly usable against Source Agents. Sorry for that Source oversight.
- The Snojo, Witchess Set, and LT&T Office are now correctly locked out in Bad Moon runs.
- The Clan Floundry now has a leaderboard / logging feature.
June 07, 2016
June 08, 2016
- Overheated is no longer considered a strictly negative effect. Sorry. It was ridiculous in a way that wasn't very fun.
June 16, 2016
- Starting tonight (and continuing for a couple of weeks) there will be a bunch of new Bounty Hunter Hunter bounties.
- Gonna be in Portland on June 29th? Come see West of Loathing at PIGSquad Drink 'n' Draw!
June 27, 2016
- In a stunning decision, the Council has voted to leave the 11-Custom-Tab-Limits-Union and allow 37 custom inventory tabs.
June 29, 2016
June 30, 2016
- July's Item-of-the-Month, the detective school application, is now available in Mr. Store! Get out and solve some cases!
July 08, 2016
- Source Terminal DIAGRAM chips now actually do what you installed them for instead of nothing (which is what they were doing before)
July 11, 2016
- Are you eking every possible turn of savings out of Digitize? Good news, doing so now only requires counting to 7, and then by 10s.
July 25, 2016
- The character pane now displays your maximum drunkenness in addition to your current drunkenness. Same thing with fullness, but it's not funny.
July 26, 2016
- Because yesterday's update might make the way booze works more confusing, maximum drunkenness is now displayed 1 lower than before.
August 01, 2016
- August's Item-of-the-Month, the protonic accelerator pack, is now available in Mr. Store. Burst ghosts! Feel good!
August 03, 2016
- Autoattack no longer triggers against the special protonic accelerator ghosts. Also the Mer-kin specter now counts as a ghost. Boo!
August 04, 2016
- If you have Individual Accessory Slot Links and the right-click menu enabled, you'll now get slot links in right-click menu.
- Today Jick learned that censurious and censorious are two different words. Beware the gorvunculus.
August 14, 2016
- Fall 2016's Challenge Path, Nuclear Autumn, is now available for your ascending pleasure, even as the bombs descend.
August 15, 2016
- An item now drops in the Haunted Pantry that will unlock Madness Bakery even if the Armory and Leggery is inaccessible.
- If you have a Source Terminal, it now appears in your Fallout Shelter, if you also have a Fallout Shelter.
August 22, 2016
- In Nuclear Autumn, large foods will now be crossed out properly in inventory and filtered by "things I can use." The Hippy Stone now exists entirely in the Colosseum for your campground-free breaking needs.
August 23, 2016
- Non-Mutant Nuclear Autumn monsters are no longer also mutated to be more powerful. (That's a sentence?)
- Hardcore Nuclear Autumn runs are now (and retroactively) twice as effective for the progress of your future fallout shelters.
August 27, 2016
- A few radiation-infused bugs in the Nuclear Autumn Challenge Path have been zapped by orbital laser.
August 31, 2016
- September's Item-of-the-Month, the Dear Past Self Package, is now available in Mr. Store. Open it and spin through time.
September 01, 2016
- You know that thing where the same prank played more than 5 times in a day isn't funny? Well, it now applies to time pranks.
September 19, 2016
- Sets of potions with mutually-exclusive effects should no longer stop you from using the same one twice in a row.
- The effects you get from records you buy in your fallout shelter are now shruggable.
September 23, 2016
- Hear ye, hear ye! The Time-Twitching Tower will return at rollover on the night of Thursday, September 29th and stay in our native chrono-stream until rollover on October 2nd.
A new floor will be included, the alternate timeline KoL Con 13, at which all old Con items will be purchaseable and many "monsters" can be fought.
September 29, 2016
- The Time-Twitching Tower has appeared and brought an alternate timeline KoL Con 13 with it. Adventure, pick up Con items, have fun, be merry!
October 01, 2016
- Jick and HotStuff are gonna do a live Q&A on Twitch at noon PST today! Check it out at http://twitch.tv/asym.
- The KoL Con 13 snowglobe is now pulled automatically from Hagnk's in a hardcore run. Thanks, Twitch viewers, for convincing us!
October 03, 2016
- October's Item-of-the-Month, the Trick-or-Treating Tot, is now available in Mr. Store. Check out details here!
- Sorry about the unexpected extra-long rollover last night! The hardware issues responsible have been sacked.
October 12, 2016
- Hey look, it's a book! A bookmobile in Market Square.
October 28, 2016
- CheeseCookie in /hardcore has reported fighting an Eldritch Tentacle somewhere in the Kingdom. Strange.
October 30, 2016
- Something horrible is going on in the Kingdom. Strange Eldritch Fissures are opening everywhere. Help!
November 01, 2016
Granny Tood's Thanksgarden Catalog, November's Item-of-the-Month, is now available in Mr. Store. Buy, plant, harvest, enjoy!
November 04, 2016
- It looks like Dr. Stuart is working on a fissure-close-o-tron in his tent. Stay tuned for further updates.
November 07, 2016
- Hey PvPers: lava cake, standard-issue cupcakes and ultra-deluxe cupcakes are now cake. Mineapples and pixel lemons are now fruit. Yay!
December 01, 2016
- The Advent Calendar in your campsite was within you all along.
- December's Item-of-the-Month, the Gingerbread City, is now available in Mr. Store. Welcome to the gingerbread jungle!
December 05, 2016
- Time pranks and rubber spiders and such no longer occur in Gingerbread City zones.
December 12, 2016
- What's this? Crimbo Town? Already?
December 13, 2016
- A detailed timeline of Crimbo history has been erected in Crimbo Town for the purposes of public enlightenment.
- A (currently blank) leaderboard has been put up in Crimbo Town. What does it portend?
December 14, 2016
- Gingerbread vigilantes were accidentally attacking innocent citizens. They are now correctly only attacking loathsome criminals.
December 15, 2016
- Do-Not-Open-Til-Crimbo boxes are now available at all of the finest gift shops, and also the gift shop in Bordertown.
December 19, 2016
- Starting now, you can only enter the Astral Gash twice per real-world-day. Sorry ascension addicts!
- Lumpy finally finished stocking his shop -- check out his complete selection of wares in Crimbo Town!
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020|