History of Loathing (2010)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021|
January 04, 2010
- We've finally gotten around to printing real-world versions of some of the KoL Valentines. They're available in the Store of Loathing.
January 06, 2010
January 08, 2010
- All of the squeezable Items-of-the-Month (including this month's cheese ball) now transform in sequence, instead of randomly.
- Did some minor interface cleanup on the Skills page.
January 14, 2010
- Thanks to CDM's interfacular wizardizationalizing, you can now mark familiars as "favorites" from your terrarium, and quickly switch between favorite familiars by right-clicking them on the character pane.
(Thanks to OneTonTomato for the Greasemonkey script that inspired this update.)
January 22, 2010
- Because Uncle CDMoyer loves you all so very much, you can now arrange your trophies by dragging and dropping them.
January 26, 2010
- Potion-type items now have a clickable indication of what effect they'll give you in their description popup.
January 28, 2010
January 30, 2010
- Items marked as "Free pull from Hagnk's" may now be removed from your display case during Hardcore or Ronin.
January 31, 2010
- Due to travel schedules and the fact that we decided to take a joke way, way too far, February's Item-of-the-Month will be at least a day late.
February 02, 2010
- February's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
In related news, the Crafting page now tracks the discovery of items made by multi-using other items. See details in this forum post.
- The scrolls from the Valley now tell you which scroll they were when used them in combat.
February 08, 2010
- Once again, the Traveling Trader has arrived with exotic goods from far-away places.
- Things that stun monsters will now properly tell you when they wear off. Hooray, 2-year-old bug fix!
February 09, 2010
- Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration is now properly shruggable.
February 11, 2010
- Items and effects that give you + Food drops from monsters now apply to cooking ingredients as well as edible items.
February 16, 2010
- Seven new trophies, no ten, are now available. (I mean, seventeen. Three? Seventy.)
February 28, 2010
- We've gone kinda nuts again, and March's Item-of-the-Month will be at least a couple of days late.
March 03, 2010
March 04, 2010
- Fixed a bug that was making reflections of maps drop way less reliably than they should have been. Off with CDMoyer's head!
March 12, 2010
- The Tweedleporium (Down the Rabbit Hole) is now open for business. Contrariwise, it is now closed for pleasure.
Also, Uncle P's Antiques has reopened on the Wrong Side of the Tracks, with a brand new inventory of legitimately-acquired quality goods!
March 18, 2010
- The Enormous Greater-Than Sign is dead! Long live The Enormous Greater-Than Sign!
- Monsters in the Dungeons of Doom have been made stronger, to match their newly-introduced counterparts.
March 23, 2010
- In the descriptions of items that grant intrinsic effects, you can now click the effect name to view its details.
March 30, 2010
- The Traveling Trader has once again traveled from Distant Lands for some trading, and set up shop in Market Square.
March 31, 2010
- April's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
- Recent familiars have been added to the doppelshifter/wardrobe rotation, and that code has been rewritten to be more efficient.
April 05, 2010
- Shameless Cross-Promotion! In celebration of the release of MC Frontalot's new album Zero Day, we've implemented a quest designed by the selfsame nerdcore super-rapper.
The first ten stalwart Adventurers to complete his fiendishly convoluted puzzle will receive a free copy of the CD!
UPDATE: All prizes have been claimed, and winners will be announced on the forums soon.
Check Uncle P's Antiques on the Wrong Side of the Tracks to get started!
April 13, 2010
- The Traveling Trader is back once again!
April 15, 2010
- The plexiglass pike pike has undergone a slight alteration, and is now a 2-handed club.
April 19, 2010
April 20, 2010
- CDM has gone and done it again, this time by implementing combat macros.
You can find details in this forum thread, in which Gemelli did yeoman's work in documenting the powerful scripting language used by the macros.
April 22, 2010
- Having quick actions set to auto-attack should no longer cause weird issues with the first round of combat being repeated.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing Slime Tube runs that were too fast to properly satisfy Mother Slime.
April 30, 2010
- The Traveling Trader has returned from Distant Lands! Stop by Market Square to see what he has brought to trade.
- Due to circumstances I'd like to say were beyond our control but were actually entirely Jick's fault, the Item-of-the-Month is going to be at least a day late. Probably two days. Almost certainly not three.
May 02, 2010
- Jick: "Almost certainly not three."
The Universe: "Ha ha ha."
May's Item-of-the-Month is done, and in testing, and will be released at rollover on Monday night. Sorry.
May 03, 2010
May 13, 2010
- I'm going to be swapping out some hardware at the data center today, so there might be brief periods where the game is unresponsive.
EDIT: All done. Can you feel the gigabits? CAN YOU!?
May 15, 2010
- It's the 15th, and you know what that means! Actually, maybe you don't, but I do, so I'll tell you:
There's a new item in stock at Uncle P's Antiques, on the Wrong Side of the Tracks.
May 26, 2010
May 31, 2010
June 15, 2010
June 20, 2010
- After a visit from the Fauxtari repairman, Dungeon Fist in the Game Grid Arcade is now up and running.
June 22, 2010
- Rollover tonight (Wednesday) will be extra long, because we have to do some database maintenance. We expect it to take about 3 hours, so... let's say... 5 hours?
June 23, 2010
- By player request, we're now able to accept donations via Rixty. Definitely a better way to donate that $10 in pennies than mailing them to us!
June 25, 2010
- The Traveling Trader is back once again, peddling wares from exotic and far-off places.
- The Meteoid cabinet in the Game Grid Arcade randomly started working again. Fonzie must've elbowed it or something.
June 28, 2010
- If all goes well, tonight's (and every future night's) maintenance period should be considerably shorter. If all doesn't go well... panic.
- The super sweet boom box actually works now (and properly lets you have four AT songs in your head.)
June 30, 2010
- July's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
Since June's Item-of-the-Month just got a last-minute addition, I'm gonna leave it in Mr. Store for an additional week. Maybe one day it will actually be finished!
- The Game Grid Arcade's ticket redemption counter is now stocking special prizes available to people who beat each of the games.
July 02, 2010
- Fixed a logic mistake that was causing Mr. Alarm to behave in a nonsensical way.
July 11, 2010
- Pastamancer Guardians can now be summoned on any round of combat, and even if you don't get the jump. A super-secret bonus related to these guardians has also been added to the Wrath of the Capsaician Pastalords. Oh. Crap. I spoiled it.
- The clan membership roster now has pagination controls at the bottom as well as the top, and has been cleaned up a bit.
July 14, 2010
July 15, 2010
July 19, 2010
- The interface for buying Guild skills has been improved, and the costs of those skills have been adjusted to be a little friendlier to lower-level players. And openly hostile to higher-level players! Nah, just kidding. Mostly.
- Fixed a bug where casting a buff with the opera mask on the Mad Hatrack would cause spaceships to start punching each other.
July 23, 2010
July 29, 2010
- This year's Comic Con CYOA is now available at http://images.kingdomofloathing.com/cyoa/ (Number 5 is alive!)
July 30, 2010
- The Bad Moon skills Pride and Gluttony have been changed a little. See this forum post for slightly more detail.
July 31, 2010
- Comic-Con chaos took its toll on the last week or so, and the Item-of-the-Month is likely to be a day late.
August 01, 2010
August 03, 2010
August 04, 2010
- We've made a change that simplifies the way the moon signs Opossum and Blender work in relation to food and booze. See this forum post for details.
August 15, 2010
August 16, 2010
August 17, 2010
- We've reduced the number of dudes that will attack the Mini-Hipster in a day, but made the attacks more likely.
August 24, 2010
- The noncombat adventures in The Spooky Forest have been reimagined. We've also apparently started using the word "reimagine." Sorry.
Details are available in this forum thread for the ner... the... people who are interested in the technical details.
- There's no more missing art in the Ancient Pyramid. Finally.
August 31, 2010
- September's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
Also, a strange archaeologist has set up shop (tent) in the Nearby Plains.
September 02, 2010
September 08, 2010
- We're making some changes to the way cooking and cocktailcrafting work in an effort to make *them friendlier to new and low-level players. See this forum post for details.
September 14, 2010
September 24, 2010
- I finally got around to updating the Radio Archive with the last few shows.
September 30, 2010
October 05, 2010
- The Toot Oriole's tutorial (get it? GET IT?) has been redone. Unfortunately, it's not technically feasible to let existing players play the new one, so if you want to see it you'll have to make a new account, or better yet, recruit a friend and watch them play it!
- The turtle totem has been changed from a combat item to a weapon.
- There was never a sewer in Seaside Town.
- A new top menu interface option has been added. You'll probably hate it.
- All starting combat skills have had their MP cost removed if you are the appropriate class for the skill.
October 06, 2010
- The Pretentious Artist's quest has been streamlined a little, and will now appear in the Quest Tracker.
October 07, 2010
- The Captain of the Gourd's quest now shows up in the Quest Tracker (only the first time you do it.)
- KoL holidays should now get posted to the Twitter feed. Unless I screwed something up. Which, knowing me, I probably did.
- The Traveling Trader is back from Distant Lands, and this time he brought tacos!
October 11, 2010
- The new Mr. Store Anniversary familiars are now available. And only five days late -- a new record!
October 13, 2010
- Fixed a bug that was making the Hermitage fail to show up under certain circumstances. Certain SEXY circumstances...
October 22, 2010
- The Suspicious-Looking Guy has fled the Seaside Town authorities and set up shop in the newly-remodeled Typical Tavern.
Also the Typical Tavern has been remodeled and the rat quest revamped. You can poke around in the new cellar even if you already completed the quest.
October 25, 2010
- The Dungeon Full of Dungeons has been invaded by an army of skeletons!
The proprietors quickly filled out the necessary zoning paperwork to move their operation into the Big Mountains, into the old Hall of Legends building. Despite what you may have heard, nobody was bribed.
October 26, 2010
- After being invaded by an increasingly large army of skeletons, the Mall of Loathing has relocated to a deserted strip mall in Bordertown.
October 27, 2010
- The Bounty Hunter Hunter will no longer refuse to give you a new bounty if you forgot to turn in yesterday's bounty until today.
- The increase in intensity of the skeleton invasion have driven several local businesses to Bordertown.
The Ghost of the English Language also took this opportunity to get the hell out of Dodge, and his old Altar in town has been replaced by something far more sinister...
October 29, 2010
October 30, 2010
- The skeleton invasion has reached its apogee. Its zenith. Its... perihelion? Is... that a thing?
Anyway. It's at the Cannon Museum.
- The Grim Grimacite Site has disappeared in a freak (or... is it?) tectonic event. The shifting sands have moved other bits of the desert around a little.
October 31, 2010
- November's Item-of-the-Month is going to be at least a couple of days late. Sorry.
November 01, 2010
- Skills and items that delevel enemies will now give explicit messages in combat. Explicit as in clear, not NSFW. Although...
November 02, 2010
- There is now a bus pass for sale at the Market that allows travel to Desert Beach. It won't show up if you've already got a car.
- November's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
- The bitchin' meatcar can no longer be Untinkered. Commence to grumbling.
- The He-Boulder's eye-rays now give you an effect that prevents them from being used again, rather than using an invisible counter.
November 03, 2010
- The Store of Loathing has been stocked with some new goodies - 2011 Calendars and coasters and keychains.
If you want to share the KoL love this Christmas, be sure to place your orders before December 3rd so you can be sure stuff will arrive in time for Jesus's birthday party.
November 04, 2010
November 05, 2010
- The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here! I mean... Market Square has been cleaned up and got a new fountain.
- Mr. Alarm will now show you how to get to Whitey's Grove if you don't already know. Also he'll take the stew you dish out early.
November 09, 2010
- The Bat Hole has been rejiggered. It now has 40% more thingamabobs.
- The Council of Loathing has installed a sweet new Adventurer Signal.
- The Untinker will now give you the screwdriver quest as soon as you meet him, with no prerequisites.
November 30, 2010
- Due to a confluence of external factors and poor planning, December's Item-of-the-Month will probably be at least a couple of days late.
- Check your campsite for an Advent calendar full of treats, courtesy of your friends at CRIMBCO.
December 02, 2010
- December's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
- Tomorrow is the Christmas shipping deadline for orders from the Store of Loathing. So unless you do all of your gift giving on Groundhog's Day, it's your last chance to share the loathing this holiday season.
December 03, 2010
- Ho ho hobo! A new area of Hobopolis has been discovered, full of unemployed Crimbo elves!
December 06, 2010
- We've made some changes to the way outgoing k-mail is handled. See this forum thread for details.
- Mr. Store familiars can now be placed in your terrarium after a bad moon run, once you recall skills and familiars.
December 15, 2010
- A magical, wondrous -- er -- skyscraper has emerged from the mists in the Big Mountains.
- Instead of dropping snakehead charms, gaudy pirates now drop a key to a box that contains the charm. This will make sense later.
December 17, 2010
- The BGE merchandising department has caught up on its holiday backlog, and is now happily serving customers again.
December 22, 2010
- Mr. Mination would like to reassure you that the elf hobos crawling up the pipes and emerging from CRIMBCO's toilets are nothing to worry about.
December 31, 2010
- January's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
Also, the CRIMBCO building has mostly faded into the mists.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021|