MP Cost: 15
When Jarlsberg wanted for the companionship of friends, he often turned to his potatoes, for a potato in need is a friend indeed.
Converts a Cosmic Potato into a Companion That Helps You Earn More Stats From Fighting
|Class:||Avatar of Jarlsberg|
|Level:||Path of Dinner 3|
|You hurl a cosmic potato at the ground in front of you, and it erupts into a full-sized hippotatomous. It nuzzles your face. "Hello, [Name]," you say.|
- <companion> walks slowly between you and your foe, forcing it to go around her instead of attacking you.
- <companion> spits out some marbles at your opponent, tripping him up so he can't attack this round.
- <companion> shows your foe the little bird that cleans her teeth, and it is too fascinated to attack this round.
- <companion> sings a song about a hippo birdie and two ewes, and your opponent is too entranced to attack this round.
- <companion> tells a story about the time she danced ballet with a crocodile. Your foe is too caught up in the narrative to attack.
- <companion> opens her mouth reaaaally wiiiiide, blocking your opponent's view of you this round.
- <companion> complains about how hungry, hungry she is, distracting your foe for this round.
- <companion> says, "do you think my hippo hips are a little too broad?" and smiles at her joke.
- <companion> says, "you know, I'm not really that hungry-hungry anymore," and smiles contentedly.
- <companion> opens her mouth really wide, and her teeth-cleaning bird grins at you.
- <companion> says, "I should learn some new skills. I'm becoming kind of a hippodrone," and smiles at her own pun.
- <companion> smiles at you placidly as she grazes.
- <companion> says, "you know, 'hippopotamus' means 'water horse,'" and smiles.
- Requires and uses up a cosmic potato.
- Gives +3 Stats per Combat (or +4-5 Stats per Combat with Working Lunch).
- Blocks enemy actions about 30% of the time, like a Levitating Potato.
- Disappears after rollover.
- Receives a random name, which is retained through all re-summonings and across ascensions.
- A list of Hippotatomous names can be found in this template. Please add all new Hippotatomous names to it, not to this page.
- Has the following picture in the left pane:
|+3 Stats per Combat|
- Some of the combat messages refer to the tabletop game Hungry Hungry Hippos.
- Some IP lawyers believe that Hippo birdy two ewes is still in copyright, and others do not.
- The message about dancing with a crocodile refers to the Dance of the Hours in Disney's Fantasia.
- Hippopotamuses are really "river horses" not "water horses."