Hero of the Half-Shell
Hero of the Half-ShellType: Passive
MP Cost: N/A
Your mastery of shields has elevated you to hero-like status amongst your tortoise brethren. Your skills have the beauty and balance of a Renaissance painting. As such, whenever you take damage in combat, your Muscle will be used to reduce the damage you take instead of Moxie, whenever you are wielding a shield.
NOTE: This will only take effect if your Muscle is higher than your Moxie.
More Muscle = less damage
|Effect:||Muscle is used (instead of Moxie) to determine the amount of damage received, if a shield is equipped off-hand.|
- On October 31, 2006, the NOTE was added to the description of this skill, making it so that this skill will only apply if a player's Muscle is greater than his or her Moxie.
- If Hero of the Half-Shell is active and your Moxie is low enough for a monster to hit you, its attacks will deal at least 1 damage rather than missing outright.
- This skill also displays the following message when receiving damage with a shield equipped and buffed Muscle higher than buffed Moxie:
- You fend off some of the attack with your shield.
- In a Trivial Update on July 6, 2009, the "fend" message was changed to only display when the skill is applied. Previously, it would display whenever you had a shield equipped even if your Moxie was higher, although it still correctly used your higher Moxie to calculate damage.