Lastly, you may want to forward the User talk: page, to the player talk page. Talk is a fancy way of leaving comments about a page (in this case player), or having a related discussion. You can view or add to a pages discussion by clicking on the "Discussion" tab next to a pages "Edit" tab. To forward all new User Talk to the KoL Player talk page, open and edit the wiki user talk page, User_talk:PLAYER_NAME, and add only the text #REDIRECT [[Talk:PLAYER NAME]], where PLAYER NAME is the KoL player page. Now there will be only one talk page for PLAYER_NAME/User:PLAYER NAME.
- I'm actually in favor of redirecting it the OTHER way. In my opinion, it's better to forward from the player talk page to the user_talk page. My reasoning is that you recieve notification when user_talk is updated, but not when your player talk page is updated. Check my setup for an example. --Aardvark 00:58, 29 Jun 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- Arg!... did someone say rewrite? ;-) --JRSiebz 04:11, 29 Jun 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- Please someone read over what's here so far, I know it makes sense to me, but I wrote it, so that doesn't mean much. ;-) Feel free to add to it. --JRSiebz 20:28, 29 Jun 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
Hey, I just added my page to the KoL players page, but its not showing up under L... Its not showing up at all... --littlenicky40
i cant beat my shadow
no matter how much moxie i increase (from 74 to 114) and no matter how much healing i do (over 130 damage to him) i still lose in 4 turns. how is this possible i thot he had only 96 hp?
The forums linked to at visual KOL seem pretty dead as far as the wiki goes. (In fact, the forum is filled with spam.) Should that link just be removed? --Starwed 10:06, 10 October 2006 (CDT)
help me please
what must i do to get the epic weapon (Have you not completed your Epic Weapon yet? There is no time to waste, jack21!")
- this isn't the place for this sort of thing. you could try the help forum on the forums.
- the same rules about spam apply here as in the chat. watch yourself.
- you could also look at the Legendary Epic Weapon Quest page. --Evilkolbot 06:11, 9 September 2007 (CDT)
Just saying, holy crap there are a lot of inter-wiki links possible. I just blindly tried a wiktionary one and found it worked then went looking for the whole list (which is linked on the main page). I'm impressed to see there's even one for others to link to our wiki. I may add some KoL links from Wikipedia in the "References in Popular Culture" sections. Heh. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 17:40, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- So I consult the interwiki map (direct url) and I find the prefix for IMDb titles, but when I use it, the links are not to IMDb. Also, right now I see the wikimedia link type doesn't work either. Example: L.A. Story. Perhaps something needs to be refreshed here? --Club (#66669) (Talk) 22:53, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
"Your edit includes new external links. To help protect against automated spam, please type the two words you see in the box below: "
Where is the box that this message refers to?
I have turned off adblock, and I still don't see anything below the message - just the editing box that contains the page. --Googly 22:52, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
How to make a Category page.
I was thinking the other day about the "Red Rocket" and how it makes enchances the next thing you eat, I then thought about all of the other items in the game that does the exact same thing. I think it would be a good idea to list somewhere all of the food enchancing items in the game and organise them with a Category page, but unlike modern Wiki software I am completely lost on how I would do that as there is no template for this sort of thing.--Tombot (talk) 19:58, 26 November 2021 (UTC)