|There is an in-game bug related to this page.|
|The Guard turtle shell does not give any extra damage.|
| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
MP Cost: 3
This skill allows you to follow up a successful attack with a vicious headbutt to your opponent. The damage done by the headbutt is increased if you're wearing any kind of turtle as a helmet.
|Effect:||Deals (helmet power/10) to (helmet power/5) damage (1 if no helmet equipped) in addition to your regular weapon attack. Its effects are enhanced by blessings.|
|You follow up the attack with a vicious headbutt, delivering X additional damage.|
You head off your opponent's recovery with a vicious headbutt, for X damage.
You add injury to injury, headbutting for X damage.
You make like a turtle at a heavy metal concert and headbutt for X damage.
You headbutt it for X damage, somehow managing not to knock yourself silly, too.
You headbutt the butthead you're fighting for X damage.
You snarl, "what are you looking at, butthead?" and headbutt it for X damage.
You know that part in the Avengers where Thor headbutts Iron Man? That was awesome. You do something like that, for X damage.
You know the way to succeed in battle is to use your head, so you headbutt for X damage.
You headbutt your opponent like a mighty loggerhead turtle, doing X damage.
You indulge in a little celebratory head-banging, banging your head into him for X damage.
With a Blessing of the War Snapper:
With a Blessing of She-Who-Was:
With a Blessing of the Storm Tortoise:
- The bonus damage dealt by a helmet turtle varies on the exact nature of the turtle:
|knobby helmet turtle||6||20|
|samurai turtle helmet||6||25|
|ancient turtle shell helmet||9||35|
|turtle wax helmet||10||40|
|Elder Turtle Shell||10||100|
|furry green turtle||11||45|
|bubblewrap bottlecap turtleban||12||70|
|meaty helmet turtle||14||70|
|asbestos helmet turtle||15||80|
|chrome helmet turtle||15||120|
|linoleum helmet turtle||15||100|
|spiky turtle helmet||20||130|
|stainless steel skullcap||20||90|
|plexiglass pith helmet||25||180|
- The power doubling from Tao of the Terrapin does apply to the damage from this skill.
- With a Blessing of the War Snapper active, this skill deals increased physical damage.
- With a Blessing of She-Who-Was active, this skill deals Spooky Damage instead of physical damage. The amount of damage scales with both hat power and the magnitude of the blessing.
- With a Blessing of the Storm Tortoise active, this skill causes two attacks of physical damage. The amount of damage scales with both hat power and the magnitude of the blessing.
- With a gabardine garland equipped, this skill restores HP.
- Previously cost 200 meat. An update on July 19, 2010, changed this.
- Prior to the Turtle Tamer revamp on November 7, 2013, other butting skills could be used in combination with this skill, but only as a Turtle Tamer.
- Prior to the 2013 revamp, attempting to use this skill with a ranged weapon produced the following message:
- You can't use Headbutt with a ranged weapon. Because, y'know, that's not how ranged weapons work.
- Headbutting is a fighting technique that uses the cranium to strike an opponent to cause injury or a knockout.