|Monster Parts||head, leg, stem|
This is some sort of mushroom-looking thing with legs. It doesn't look particularly dangerous, but looks can be deceiving. Since it also looks deceiving, though, I'm not really sure how you should interpret that.
He shuffles sideways toward you and kicks you with his tiny little feet. Argh! Argh! Ouch!
He shuffles sideways toward you and you try to jump over him, but he smacks you in the <nipple>. Ooh! Ugh! Ouch!
He shuffles sideways toward you and barely touches you with his body. For some reason, that makes you almost die. Ouch! Ooh! Ooh!
He grows a tiny pair of wings and jumps toward you in a series of fluttering hops. He manages to land on your head, and is surprisingly heavy for a fungus. Oof! Ow! Eek!
He shuffles sideways toward you, but you jump on top of him and squoosh him for a second.
He shuffles sidways toward you, but you jump over him. At least he doesn't look like a guy with a tiny head. That movie sucked.
He shuffles sideways toward you, but you dodge in the THIRD DIMENSION.
He grows a pair of tiny little wings and jumps toward you in a series of fluttering hops. You take the fluttering hops and make a surprisingly tasty, robust beer out of them. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: black pixel (49.3% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: red pixel (80.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: white pixel (51.0% chance)*|
|You gain 5 <substat>.|
Occurs at 8-Bit Realm.
- Appears on odd-numbered ascensions. On even numbered ascensions, Buzzy Beetles appear in their place.
- Prior to 17th Oct 2011, Goombas only appeared on a first ascension.
- Goombas were common monsters in the 1985 NES game, Super Mario Bros.
- The comment about the Goomba not being "a guy with a tiny head" is a reference to the ill-fated 1993 Super Mario Brothers movie, where the Goombas were represented as such creatures.
- The reference to "shuffles sideways towards you" indicates the way that Goombas walk in Super Mario Bros.
- The text "squoosh him for a second" refers to what it looks like when Mario jumps on top of a Goomba; it looks like the Goomba is squashed flat.
- The fact that the Buzzy Beetle replaces the Goomba after ascension is a subtle reference to the 1985 NES game, Super Mario Bros.. After you beat Super Mario Bros., the game begins again, with the Goombas replaced by Buzzy Beetles.