Gnorbert, the Elder Gnomad
- Message on initial visit:
- Ah, an Adventurer! Come closer, yougng one, I have a proposal that may interest you.
- I seek a messegnger to make contact with our brother, Gn8than the Sk8 Gnome. He cagn usually be found on the eXtreme Slope. Even though he has shamed his family and his tribe by deserting the desert, we still wagnt to get in touch with him. For, though he is agn outcast, he borrowed our brother Chomsky's comic books and gnever returned them. If you bring the comics to me, I will reward you with a valuable piece of Gnomish technology that our Supertinker has developed, which will undoubtedly come in hagndy during your travels.
- Message on subsequent visits:
- Hello agaign, Advegnturer. Have you had any success in locating our brother Chomsky's comic books? You are not ugnder any pressure to hurry, but gnaturally I cannot reward you until your task is completed.
- Message with Chomsky's comic books in inventory:
- Ah, I see you have retrieved Chomsky's comic books from that gne'er-do-well, Gn8than. Now we can never speak of him again. Here is the reward I promised: a Gnomitronic Hyperspatial Demodulizer. I didn't fully understagnd when Gnorman attempted to explain it to me, but as far as I could make out, it emits a burst of electricity at such a frequency that, if used to deliver the fignal blow to a monster, it somehow cognverts and redirects the monster's life-force to energize the user. The things that Gnorman comes up with, I tell you.
- Anyway, here it is. Of course, you'll be gneeding the batteries too, and there's agnother little task I have for you. You see, ancient Gnomish legends tell of forty-eight mystical crystals, each attuned to one of the fugndamental elements of creation -- fire, water, doorknobs, and so forth -- and when collected, these crystals will reveal the location of the seventy-gnine lost fragments of a map which -- ow! What are you doing? Let go of my ear! Ow! All right, fine, here, take the batteries!
- Sheesh, Adventurers these days...
|You acquire an item: Gnomitronic Hyperspatial Demodulizer|
- Message after completing Going Postal Quest:
- Hello there, Advegnturer. Lovely day we're havigng, isn't it? Hot? Well, sure, but it's a dry heat. Hey, where are you goigng?
- The gnome Chomsky is a reference to Noam Chomsky.
- "But it's a dry heat" is a phrase stereotypically used when discussing the climate in Arizona, where Asymmetric Publications is headquartered.