|Locations||The Knob Shaft|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
Apparently this mine is haunted, because as you near the shaft, you're attacked by what appears to be a ghost miner.
He's unaccompanied by a ghost parent or a ghost guardian, and he's swinging his ghost mattock around in a decidedly dangerous fashion.
The miner coughs up a disgusting cloud of ghost dust and blows it in your direction. Eek! Ugh! (spooky damage)
The miner swings his ghost mattock at you. You sustain a miner injury. Ha ha. Ugh! Oof! (spooky damage)
The miner pulls a ghost canary out of his pocket and throws it at you. You get pecked in the <eye>. Ow! Oof! (spooky damage)
The miner pulls his mattock back to swing at you, but instead hits the ceiling of the shaft and causes a cave in. Rocks hit you in your <skull> and your <foot>. Ugh! Ooh! Ouch! (spooky damage)
The miner charges at you, but, being incorporeal, passes through you without harm.
The miner swings his ghost mattock at you, but you jump behind a mine cart.
The miner pulls a ghost canary out of his pocket and throws it at you, but poisonous ghost gas knocks it out before it can get to you.
The miner pulls his mattock back to swing at you, but instead hits the ceiling of the shaft and causes a cave in. Perhaps remembering the cave in that turned him into a ghost, he cowers in fear. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: bubblewrap ore (10% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: bubblewrap ore (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: cardboard ore (10% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: cardboard ore (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: styrofoam ore (10% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: styrofoam ore (5% chance)*|
|You gain 7-8 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Knob Shaft.
- The ghost miner has Physical Resistance. Physical and spooky attacks will inflict only 1 damage, even with a critical hit. The only expeditious way to defeat this monster is to use non-spooky elemental damage.
- Any non-elemental familiar attacks and combat items count as physical damage.
- If you are attacking with non-spooky damage, you will not be able to defeat this monster unless you are attacking with multiple damage sources or Deleveling before combat. Examples are dual-wielding or Ambidextrous Funkslinging, or bringing along an attack familiar. The reason is that this monster has 31 HP, so, if you only do 1 damage per round, you will almost, but not quite, beat the monster before the 30 round limit is over.
- The description of this monster (He's unaccompanied by a ghost parent or a ghost guardian) is a play on the terms "miner", one who mines, and "minor", an underaged person that rarely ventures into the world without a family member nearby.
- The third missed attack text refers to the old coal miners' practice of taking a caged canary down into the mine with them as an early warning system against build-ups of methane or carbon monoxide gas. If the bird stopped singing, dangerous levels of gas were mounting and the miners knew to evacuate.
- The third attack message references black lung disease, a disease of the lungs caused by breathing coal dust.