Great for sweeping dungeon floors
and dungeon monsters.
Weakens enemies before combat,
and helps you pick up items.
Ability: Reduces monster level at start of combat, increases item drops.
Throne/Bjorn: +5 Familiar Weight, 10-30 damage.
Hatchling: dried gelatinous cube
Familiar-Specific Equipment: pile of dungeon junk
Mumming Trunk Abilities:
| +15% Meat Drop
|| 4-5 MP
|| +3 Muscle statgain
|| +15% Item Drop
|| +4 Mysticality statgain
|| 8-10 HP
|| +2 Moxie statgain
|*Hover for details
- At start of combat:
- <name> dissolved some of your opponent's flesh, making him a bit weaker. Now you know what these cubes are for: making awesome skeletons.
- <name> dissolves some of your opponent's more important bits, leaving him weaker.
- <name> slurps up some of your opponent's armor. He doesn't look nearly as impressive without pants. (Or pants-analogues.)
- Your opponent gets his arm stuck in <name>, which dissolves it down to the bone. Your foe is somewhat weaker now, but on the bright side, sweet skeleton arm, dude.
|Monster attack power reduced by X|
|Monster defense reduced by X|
- At end of combat:
- <name> oozes around, picking up bits of debris from the battle.
- <name> plops wetly around the scene, helping you pick stuff up.
- <name> slurps around, picking up discarded trash and bits.
- <name> vacuums up some loose trash and stuff. Man, getting the useful stuff out of there is going to be so gross.
- You watch <name> slime around picking up loose debris, and wonder if it's worth checking if there's anything good in there.
- Sometimes, additionally:
- <name> shudders and disgorges an item with a wet squelch.
|You acquire... something. |
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <name> ejects a random piece of dungeon detritus at your opponent, making a disgusting shlurrrrp sound and dealing Y damage.
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- Your opponent suddenly steps in <name> with a glorp and takes Y damage from the acid. How did it even get out of the Buddy Bjorn, anyway?
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> makes a sort of burbling noise as your Tam O'Shanter floats around inside it. Ugh, you aren't looking forward to cleaning that.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> slimes its way around the maypole, leaving behind a shiny trail of gross.
- With wax lips equipped:
- You look at the wax lips floating around inside <name>, and feel bad for the next familiar that has to wear them.
- <Name> keeps getting stuck to all the obstacles.
- X, the amount of the delevel, is half of the familiar's weight (rounded down).
- Y, the amount of damage dealt while in the Crown of Thrones, is between 10 and 30.
- After combat, it may produce an item. Three of its drops are once-per-ascension and scheduled:
- Other items are dropped every 3rd combat, chosen randomly from:
- The Gelatinous Cube was an original monster from Dungeons & Dragons, invented by Gary Gygax, designed to fit neatly (and ridiculously) into 10' x 10' dungeon corridors. It initially showed up in the original "White Box" D&D set.