Gang of hobo muggers
|Gang of hobo muggers|
|Locations||Hobopolis Town Square: The Hobo Marketplace|
|Resistance||Soft damage cap: 500|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
When I say 'hobo muggers', I mean muggers that are hobos, not that they only mug hobos. They do mug a lot of hobos, particularly hobos that have been drawn to this dark alley by the various misleading signs they've tacked up on the Marketplace's signposts, but they don't mug hobos exclusively. As you've just discovered.
One of the muggers makes a weird face at you, and another one hits you from behind while you're distracted. Ooh! Ow! Ouch! Argh! Eek! Ugh! Eek! Argh! Oof! Eek!
One of them smashes a coffee cup over your head. Ouch! Eek! Ooh! Eek! Ugh! Ouch! Oof! Ouch! Ugh! Oof! Ow! (hot damage)
One of the muggers flashes a camera in your face, then punches you a few times before your vision clears. Argh! Argh! Eek! Ow! Ow! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Oof! Oof!
The hobo muggers bum-crush you. It's like a bum-rush, but there's a lot of guys doing it at once. Ugh! Ugh! Argh! Argh! Ooh! Ouch! Argh! Ooh! Ow! Argh!
One of the muggers makes a very exaggerated grimacing face at you. The leader takes him aside for a moment to explain something to him.
One of them tries to hit you with a coffee cup. The leader takes him aside for a moment to explain something to him.
One of the muggers pulls out a camera and takes a picture of your face. The leader takes him aside for a moment to explain something to him.
The pause for a moment, and discuss if perhaps they're giving hobos a bad name by mugging people in dark alleys. They eventually conclude: "Meh." (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 200 <substat>.|
- This monster counts as a group (of size 5). It takes manifold damage from area-of-effect skills such as Wave of Sauce.
- Occurs as part of the Food Went A-Courtin', Body Modifications, Housewares, and Entertainment choice adventures
- Richard can't help with these guys.
- The muggers have a soft damage cap and damage reduction similar to those of the bosses. Attacks that deal no more than 500 damage are not affected by the damage reduction. Otherwise, if your attack does a base damage of x, then the actual damage you will do is 500+floor((x-500)^.7). This formula is applied to all forms of damage and damage from any source.
- Defeating (or losing to) a Gang of Hobo Muggers has no effect on advancement of the dungeon. It does not count as a Normal hobo kill.
- The weird face and coffee cup attack reference two other meanings of the word mug. The camera attack is a reference to a "mug shot."
- At current, encountering the Hobo Muggers costs an additional adventure above and beyond entering the marketplace alone.