This guide will provide some additional information to aid with a G-Lover ascension.
Astral consumables: Only astral hot dogs are usable Astral equipment:
- astral bludgeon (2H club): +25% mus, +15% crit, +20 wdmg
- astral longbow (2H weap): +25% mox, +30% meat, +20 rdmg
- astral ring (acc): +25% mys, +20 sdmg, regen 4-6 MP
Moon Sign Selection
Slightly different tradeoffs are available in this path. Note that you cannot tune to a 2nd moon sign.
- Knoll sign:
[Mus: +20% wdmg | Mys: +20% sdmg | Mox: +20% init & +20 max HP/MP]
- Little Canadia:
[Mus: +5 fam wt | Mys: +5 adv/day from food | Mox: +1 clover/day]
- The Gnomish Gnomad Camp:
[Mus: +20% meat | Mys: +5 adv/day from booze | Mox: +10% items]
- [General] Quest-relevant equipment still functions in that capacity, regardless of G-ness. This includes: logging hatchet/loadstone, amulet of extreme plot significance/mohawk wig/titanium assault umbrella, antique machete, unstable fulminate, UV-resistant compass
- When trying to beat the Billiards ghost at pool, neither the pool cue nor the hand chalk function, so having maxed your lifetime pool skill is particularly important here
- To unlock The Hidden Temple, you will have to talk to "Dakota" Fanning (since you can't use the Spooky Temple map) once you've reached 35 mainstat (~lvl 6.5). This means that, instead of tracking down the Spooky Forest noncom 4x, you will need to fetch:
- pellet of plant food: Found in The Haunted Conservatory after 10 delay (not pre-burnable)
- heavy-duty bendy straw: Dropped by the third Fallen Archfiend you fight, found in the Dark Heart (so delay adventuring here until after speaking to Fanning)
- sewing kit: Sold for a fat loot token in the Vending Machine, or pullable. Note that since the kit is untradeable and tokens are unpullable, you will need to pre-purchase a kit before ascending, if you want to be able to pull one from Hagnk's.
- [Level 4] To open the Bat Hole zones, you cannot use sonar-in-a-biscuit, and so must fight 3 Screambats
- [Level 5] To open Cobb's Knob, using the map causes you to lose all your HP and get Beaten Up
- [Level 7] To track your progress in The Cyrpt (since you can't use your Evilometer) you may check your Quest Log
- [Level 9] To build the Orc Chasm bridge, logging hatchet / loadstone still provide extra lumber / fasteners, but keepsake boxen are unusable
- To create the jar of oil necessary to complete Twin Peak (lest you be forced to spend 50 turns burning the place down), you must use crude oil congealer (sold for 3 Gs) to combine your 12 bubblin' crude
- To use the clues at A-boo Peak, you must use A-Boo glue (sold for 1 G each)
Consider spending all 3 of your starting Gs on the congealer on your first G-Lover ascension, and then buy glue with Gs earned in subsequent runs
- [Level 10] To unlock the Beanstalk, click on the coffee grounds in The Nearby Plains
- [Level 11] To find the Black Market, you cannot use the Blackbird (or Crow), but you can still paste one together to get the bonus zone progression
- To unlock The Hidden City, you cannot use stone wool, so you'll have to either wish (directly, not pocket) for Stone-Faced (twice) or grind out the noncoms naturally
- To clear the Mob of Protesters, note that neither the lynyrd musk nor the lynyrd snare are usable
- You can still create and throw the wine bomb
- You cannot use the drum machine to gain 30% desert exploration, so there is no need to collect worm-riding manual pages, meaning hydration is unnecessary (especially since most of the debuffs don't function)
- [Level 12] War Sidequests:
Mr. Store Items
The functionality of many Mr. Store items have been impacted by the dependence on Gs, rendering some especially important, while some others become greatly inhibited as a result.
Note that this list only includes items that are in standard at the time when this challenge was restricted as such.
Some of the most valuable familiars for this challenge path include:
- Intergnat (fairy): Does a lot, but also requires that you use it a lot:
- Sometimes drops demon summoning components, ultimately enabling the use of the Preternatural Greed (+100% meat) at the Nuns
- Drops BACON after combat, which can be spent to buy either gallon of milk (awesome-quality size-15 food that comes with a minor but lengthy debuff) or daily dungeon malware (yields an extra fat loot token/day if used in the DD)
- Sometimes lets you gain 10 turns of a -5% CF buff
- Jumpsuited Hound Dog (1.25x-weight fairy): Potentially the strongest available fairy (acts as 1.25x weight), with the mixed blessing of +(WT/6)% CF (maxed to +5% at 30 lbs)
- Slimeling (fairy): Extra chance to steal equipment (particularly good in the Airship), and can generate massive amounts of MP
- Gelatinous Cubeling (fairy): Speeds up the Daily Dungeon
- Garbage Fire (fairy whelp): Drops burning newspaper after 5+30X turns
- Cat Burglar (fairychaun): Heists are a great fallback option for missed drops
- Grimstone Golem (fairychaun): Drops a grimstone mask after 40-50 combats
- Grim Brother (volleychaun): Drops (useable) spleensies
- Artistic Goth Kid (volley): Burns delay with free black crayon fights; crayon shavings still work
- Baby Bugged Bugbear: +20 ML with the (free at the Cake-Shaped Arena) bugged balaclava equipped
- Disgeist - If you are having trouble decreasing combat frequency, this familiar can be of use.
- God Lobster: 3 free fights/day, each followed by a boon: some bonus experience, the next tier of familiar equipment, or a 33-turn buff. Buffs are determined by the current tier:
- Pair of Stomping Boots: Free runaways, but cannot stomp
- Magic Dragonfish and Sludgepuppy: Useful for towerkilling
|3||Levitating Potato||Combat||Blocks attacks||Created / Mall|
|4||Angry Goat||Combat||Attacks enemies||Created / Mall|
|9||Howling Balloon Monkey||Combat||Attacks enemies, restores MP||Created / Mall||Only acts when weight is at least 11 lb.|
|11||Grue||Combat||Attacks enemies, restores MP||Strange leaflet||Does not act if the moons are too bright.|
|14||Ghuol Whelp||Combat||Restores HP/MP after combat||Created / Mall|
|15||Baby Gravy Fairy||Items||Increases item drops||Created / Mall|
|18||Hovering Sombrero||Stats||Increases stat gains from fights based on the monster's ML.||Created / Mall|
|19||Ghost Pickle on a Stick||Combat||Attacks & delevels enemies||Created / Mall|
|21||Whirling Maple Leaf||Combat||Attacks, restores MP after combat||Created / Mall|
|32||Clockwork Grapefruit||Combat||Attacks enemies||Created / Mall|
|33||MagiMechTech MicroMechaMech||Combat||Attacks enemies||Created / Mall|
|34||Flaming Gravy Fairy||Items + Combat||Increases item drops, attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Possible reward from Summon a Mushroom Familiar.|
|35||Frozen Gravy Fairy||Items + Combat||Increases item drops, attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Possible reward from Summon a Mushroom Familiar.|
|36||Stinky Gravy Fairy||Items + Combat||Increases item drops, attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Possible reward from Summon a Mushroom Familiar.|
|37||Spooky Gravy Fairy||Items + Combat||Increases item drops, attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Acquired from mushroom farming.|
|49||Sleazy Gravy Fairy||Items + Combat||Increases item drops, attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Acquired from mushroom farming.|
|51||Wind-up Chattering Teeth||Combat||Attacks enemies||Created / Mall||A gift item.|
|60||Origami Towel Crane||Combat||Blocks attacks, absorbs damage||Created / Mall|
|69||Jumpsuited Hound Dog||Items + Special||Increases item drops, increases combat frequency||Created / Untradable||Must be purchased from the Bounty Hunter Hunter for 100 filthy lucre.|
|71||Ragamuffin Imp||Combat||Attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Acquired from the Summoning Chamber|
|81||El Vibrato Megadone||Combat||Varied combat functionality depending on programming||Created / Untradable||Acquired from El Vibrato Island, and requires El Vibrato punchcards to tune its functionality. Does nothing otherwise.|
|86||Pet Cheezling||Combat||Restores HP/MP after combat||Created / Untradable|
|104||Magic Dragonfish||Special||Increases spell damage||Created / Mall||
|106||Midget Clownfish||Combat||Attacks enemies, restores MP||Created / Mall||
|108||Grinning Turtle||Stats||Increases stat gains from fights||Created / Mall|
|112||Slimeling||Items + Special||Increases item drops (especially equipment), restores MP when fed||Untradable|
|116||Grouper Groupie||Items||Increases item drops||Created / Mall||Can breathe underwater.|
|142||Smiling Rat||Stats||Increases stat gains from fights||Created / Mall|
|163||Hovering Skull||Stats + Combat||Increases stat gains from fights, attacks enemies||Created / Untradable||Obtainable from a Zombie Slayer ascension.|
|171||Gelatinous Cubeling||Items + Combat + Special||Increases item drops, delevels enemies, drops items after combat||Created / Mall||
|175||Mechanical Songbird||Items||Increases item drops||Created / Mall||More effective in Dreadsylvania.|
|180||Miniature Sword & Martini Guy||Stats + Combat||Increases stat gains from monsters, attacks enemies||Untradable||Acquired from an anniversary gift box after playing for 11 years.|
|203||Intergnat||Items + Special||Increases item drops, drops BACON and provides greatly varied functionality||Mr. Store||Functionality is somewhat limited in this challenge path; most Internet Meme Shop items are not usable.|
|203||Software Bug||Nothing||Does nothing||Created / Mall|
|206||Trick-or-Treating Tot||Combat + Special||Restores HP/MP after combat, wears costumes for additional benefits||Mr. Store||Functionality is severely limited in this challenge path; only two mediocre costumes are usable.|
|214||Garbage Fire||Items + Combat + Special||Increases item drops, restores HP/MP after combat, drops various items||Mr. Store||Functionality is somewhat limited in this challenge path; only its burning newspaper drop is usable.|
|262||Disgeist||Special||Decreases Combat Frequency||Created / Mall|
|266||God Lobster||Stats + Special||Increases stat gains from monsters, provides free fights and other potential abilities||Mr. Store||Fully functional in this challenge path, except for the Dish of Clarified Butter.|
|267||Cat Burglar||Items + Meat + Special||Increases meat drops, item drops, and can grab items from defeated monsters||Mr. Store||Fully functional in this challenge path.|
Functional Sources of Specific Enchantments
Weapon Damage (Percent), for the muscle path:
Spell Damage (Percent), for the myst path:
Sleaze Resistance, for the mox path:
While most pulls that work for softcore speed ascension strategies remain viable, there are some particular pulls that are ideal to cover some of G-Lover's deficits.
- blessed rustproof +2 gray dragon scale mail: If you do not have a genie bottle, this shirt can be pulled to provide quality of life and elemental resistance for some particular tasks.
- bomb of unknown origin: Removes 10 zeppelin protesters without killing the one you are fighting. Cranking ML allows multiples to be used in a single fight, removing many from the zone.
- crude oil congealer: Unlike other G-Mart items, this one is not a quest item. If collected and stored during previous runs, it can be pulled to save your Gs for other uses.
- gallon of milk: If you do not have an Intergnat, this 15-fullness awesome beverage can be consumed to fill your stomach with a single pull. The associated debuff, while bothersome, is manageable.
- government-issued eyeshade: If you have trouble getting your Pool Skill high enough to finish The Haunted Billiards Room, consider pulling this, as it adds 5 Pool Skill and gives a flat 25 extra damage against ghosts, making the A-boo Peak and the Haunted Billiards Room easier to deal with.
- gravy boat : As the cornucopia cannot be used, this hat can be pulled to speed up the Undefile the Cyrpt Quest.
- hacked gibson: As Extract cannot be used, these can be pulled as one of the best drinks available for this path.
- mafia middle finger ring: An accessory that allows you to Show them your ring, a 60 turn banish (which does not take an adventure) that can be used once per day. Helps in varying locations, such as the Junkyard.
- Numberwang: An accessory that gives +11 monster level, which can help with levelling as well as areas such as the Oil Peak. Also gives HP/MP regeneration, maximum HP/MP, combat initiative, and 5 rollover adventures.
- ring of conflict: An accessory that reduces combat frequency by 5%, which can help if you are unable to reach -25% otherwise.
- stuffing fluffer: As the cornucopia cannot be used, this can be pulled and used to speed up the Mysterious Island Quest in quantities up to 28.
Miscellaneous Modern (circa 2021) Advice
- Clovers still function normally, but cannot be disassembled / reassembled, so you must closet them to preserve them.
- Fortune cookies cannot be consumed, but semirares may still be predicted via drinking Lucky Lindys (from the Clan VIP Speakeasy) or forced via eating optimal dogs (from the Clan VIP Hot Dog Stand) or popping Sunday pills (from the Pill Keeper).
- Transcendent Olfaction is not available. The only functional pseudo-sniff is the very weak Gallapagosian Mating Call (which adds a single extra copy to the zone and does 'not' suppress normal queue rejection).
- There are very few banishers available: the Asdon Martin's bumper, KGB's dart, familiar scrapbook's Show Your Boring Familiar Pictures, and poppers from the Divine libram, as well as the 1/day banishers from the Softcore equipment pulls V mask, stinky cheese, and mafia middle finger ring.
- Due to the general lack of monster control, predictions from the miniature crystal ball (which still functions) may be more crucial than usual.
- Your Mystical Bookshelf can be used to summon from Tomes, Librams, and Grimoires, even if the skill name doesn't contain a G.
- The best available yellow ray is the permable 150-MP skill Disintegrate, which has a 100-turn cooldown. There are also two Tome derivative combat items with 150-turn cooldowns, Golden Light (from The Smith's Tome) and unbearable light (from Tome of Clip Art).
- Ode to Booze can only be reliably obtained by wishing, each use gives you up to 20 more adventures.
- All daily dungeon skillbooks work as usual: Walberg's Dim Bulb, Singer's Faithful Ocelot and Drescher's Annoying Noise. Given the limited sources of +item drops as well as +ML, the latter two are more important than usual.
- All Dreadsylvania songs work as usual: Song of the North, Song of Slowness, Song of Starch, Song of Bravado, and Song of Sauce.
- Although both the spaghetti breakfast and the Cold One can be summoned, only the spaghetti breakfast can be consumed in this path.
- Regarding demon summoning, the Preternatural Greed buff still functions to speed up the Nun sidequest, and is more important than usual.
|Rankings:||HC Skills - HC Familiars - HC IotMs|
|General:||Class selection - Familiar usage - Semi-rares - Clovers|
|Paths:||BHY - Fist - AoB - BI - ZS - AoJ - BIG! - KOLHS - CA2 - AoSP - SS - HR - Picky - Ed - Random - AoWoL - Source - NA - GN - LtA - L.A.R. - PF - G-Lover - DD|
|Additional Paths:||DG - 2CRS - KoE - PotP - LKS - GG - Y,Robot|
|IotMs:||Tomes - Faxing - Copying - YR - Garden - Correspondent - Workshed - Tea party - Florist|