Flock of Stab-bats
|Flock of Stab-bats|
|Locations||Inside the Palindome|
|Monster Parts||head, torso, wing|
Stab-bats are all wings and sharp, pointy things. If attacked by a Flock of Stab-bats, it's recommended that you run, you run so far away.
Bats stab! Specifically, they stab you in the <knee>. Ow! Ooh!
They stab you in the <giblets>. They stab all night and day. Ooh! Ooh!
They stab you in the back. You feel so betrayed. And, y'know, in intense pain. Ooh! Ow!
They stab you in the face. You feel a stabbing pain in both temples. And all of the synagogues. Ugh! Ow!
They stab and stab you, all night and day. You try to run so far away, but you just can't get away. Also, the wind from their wings messes up your hair, making it stick up in places and generally look strange. Argh! Argh!
The bats try and stab you, but fail. Just as this message fails to be a palindrome.
They try and stab you, but end up confused and stabbing each other.
They try to stab you in the back, but you don't trust them enough for them to betray you.
They try to stab you in the face, but you can't face being stabbed and so you dodge.
They swarm toward you to stab again, but one of them gets his tail stuck through another's wing. That one whacks another one with *its* wing, and soon they're all just attacking each other. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 128-192 Meat (average: 160, stdev: 13.47)*|
|You acquire an item: bat wing (32.4% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: batblade (29.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: batgut (29.7% chance)*|
|You gain 38-39 <substat>.|
Occurs Inside the Palindome.
- There exists both a familiar and a stuffed version of this monster.
- A group of bats is actually known as a colony, not a flock.
- This monster counts as a group (of size four). It takes manifold damage from area-of-effect skills such as Wave of Sauce.
- The name of this adventure is a play on the name of the band A Flock of Seagulls. The description of the adventure alludes to the name and the refrain of their song, "I Ran (So Far Away)", "And I ran. / I ran so far away."
- The attack "They stab all night and day", is also a play on the refain of the same song, "I just ran. / I ran all night and day."
- "Also, the wind from their wings messes up your hair, making it stick up in places and generally look strange." refers to Mike Score's (the lead singer of A Flock of Seagulls) unusual hairstyle.