Flint-scraping cave elf
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
|Flint-scraping cave elf|
|Locations||Simple Tool-Making Cave|
|Attack||Scales with player stats|
|Defense||Scales with player stats|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
This is one of the hulking, knuckle-dragging cave elves who make primitive tools for Ugh Crimbo to hand out on Crimbo Eve. This particular elf is in charge of chipping the edges off of pieces of flint to make them into sharp-edged hand axes. He gets the flint stones, of course, from the bed rock of the nearby river.
He blows a handful of flint chips into your eyes. Ay-yai-yai! Oof! Argh! Oof! Oof!
He hacks your hand with a hand axe. You really should have seen that coming.Ooh! Ooh! Argh! Ow!
He stabs you in the <nipple> with a sharp piece of flint. You stonily accept the pain. Ow! Ouch! Ouch! Ow!
He punches you in the <lower back> with his big, hairy-knuckled fist. Ouch! Ouch! Oof! Ouch!
He roars, beats his chest, and brings a big chunk of flint crashing down on either side of your head. Apparently, this cave elf's mama said to knock you out. Ugh! Oof! Ugh! Argh!
He blows flint chips at you, but you take Ozzy's advice and close your eyes.
He tries to hack your hand with a hand axe, but you tell him to unhand the axe.
He tries to stab you with his flint, but you dodge into the woods to the east.
He tries to punch you in the <eye>, but you have an unpunchable <eye>. Yeah, screw you and your unpunchable <eye>.
He scrapes two pieces of flint against each other, producing sparks for the first time. He's so distracted by the fire that he forgets to hit you. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: rock (13.9% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: stick (9.1% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: stick (4.5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: big leaf (?.?% chance)*|
|You gain some <substat>.|
Occurred at Simple Tool-Making Cave
- The part about "he gets the flint stones, of course, from the bed rock" is a reference to The Flintstones, who live in a prehistoric town called "Bedrock."
- The elf's attack wherein it tries to blow flint chips at you refers to Ozzy Osbourne. If successful, the message ends with "Ay-yai-yai!" which is uttered several times in Ozzy's single "Crazy Train". The part in the miss message about closing your eyes refers to the song "Close My Eyes Forever", sung by Ozzy Osbourne and Lita Ford.
- The Critical Hit message references the LL Cool J song "Mama Said Knock You Out".
- The Miss message "he tries to stab you with his flint, but you dodge into the woods to the east." is likely a play on the name of actor Clint Eastwood (i.e. Flint Eastwood).
- The part about "yeah, screw you and your unpunchable <eye>" is a reference to the song "Untouchable Face", sung by Ani DiFranco.
- This cave elf's occupation is usually called flint-knapping.