Flask of peppermint schnapps
This is a little metal flask full of fermented candy-cane juice. It tastes a little like mouthwash. Okay, it tastes a *lot* like mouthwash. Still, you could do worse for a festive holiday drink -- at least with this, you won't have that awful eggnog aftertaste, and your breath will be minty fresh.
(In-game plural: flasks of peppermint schnapps)
|flask of peppermint oil||fermenting powder|
|flask of peppermint schnapps|
- Before Crimboween:
|Before you drink the peppermint schnapps, you decide to pour a little out for your homies. The schnapps forms a little puddle on the floor. You look into it and see a desert island with a hammock strung between two palm trees. Suddenly, a deeply tanned arm reaches out of the puddle and grabs the whole flask out of your hand! You hold onto the flask tightly and pull Uncle Crimbo out through the floor.
"Thanks, kid," he says. "I knew you could do it. Well, actually, I was pretty sure you couldn't. But thanks for proving me wrong. See ya on Crimbo Eve!" With that, he lays a finger inside of his nose and rises up into the sky.
About halfway up, Uncle Crimbo yells down, "Hey, you wanna play with my sleigh for a while? Wait, no, I mean literally, kid, geez. I don't need it until Crimbo Eve, so have yourself some fun, you've earned it."
- During or after Crimboween:
|You drink the peppermint schnapps. It seems to have turned into the peppermint equivalent of vinegar. Which is turpentine, for some reason.|
|You gain 1 Drunkenness.|
- Part of the Save Uncle Crimbo! quest.
- Drinking the flask before Crimboween resulted in either a Crimbo ukulele, lucky Crimbo tiki necklace, or bobble-hip hula elf doll in your Tropical Crimbo pressie in addition to the normal goodies.
- This item can be drunk even while falling-down drunk or while under a Teetotaler or Oxygenarian path.
- This is Uncle Crimbo's favorite booze; according to the consumption leaderboards, he has drunk 1,000 of them.
- The line about "pouring a little out for your homies" references the Tupac song, "Pour Out A Little Liquor".
- This item is a reference to the movie Little Nicky, in which a magic flask is said to contain peppermint schnapps.
- The line where Uncle Crimbo "lays a finger inside of his nose" is a reference to Clement Clarke Moore's famous poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas", which contains the lines "And laying a finger aside of his nose, / And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose".