flaming familiar doppelgänger
This is a tiny life-form molded out of magical frozen flame. When a familiar holds it, it forms itself into a miniature replica of the familiar. As the doppelgänger mimics the familiar's movements, it transmutes the experience it gains to the familiar. Unfortunately, the doppelgänger's mute mimicry tends to enrage monsters. No one's sure why.
The upshot of this is, of course, that your familiar gains more experience per combat, and fights angrier monsters, when it has the doppelgänger as its equipment. That such an insanely useful creature should exist has been widely regarded as the definitive argument against the existence of God.
Type: familiar equipment
Cannot be discarded
Familiar gains 1-2 extra experience per Adventure
+5 to Monster Level
NOTE: This item cannot be equipped while in Hardcore.
(In-game plural: flaming familiar doppelgängers)
- Melt Great Ball of Frozen Fire
- Melt flaming juggler's balls (Without Torso Awaregness)
- Melt flaming pink shirt
|You squeeze the frozen flame. It burns! It burns!
You drop it, and it quickly re-freezes into a new object.
- Equips on any familiar except the Comma Chameleon.
- The 1-2 extra XP applies both in combat and at the Cake-Shaped Arena. This only increases the familiar's XP gain, but not its total kills.
- When the item initially debuted, the "extra XP" effect was not mentioned as an official enchantment (the effect was still there, but it was a "secret" enchantment).
- The line "That such an insanely useful creature should exist has been widely regarded as the definitive argument against the existence of God" is a reference to the Babel fish from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, wherein the Babel fish is used as an argument for the non-existence of God.
- The line about "Mute Mimicry" probably refers to the alleged universal hatred of Mimes.
"2225" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.