Fiendish can of asparagus
|Fiendish can of asparagus|
|Locations||The Haunted Pantry|
|Monster Parts||arm, can, leg|
|Bounty||shredded can label|
In the Haunted Pantry, you're attacked by a fiendish can of asparagus. Cans of asparagus aren't normally all that scary, but this one's got a knife!
It opens its can and spears you with a bunch of asparagus spears. Great, you haven't been speared like this since the battle of Brit's Knee. Ow! (stench damage)
It tries to stab you, but you kick it away. Never bring a knife to a footfight.
It tries to spear you in the <skull>, but you kick the can.
It tries to batter you with its aluminum body, but you're immune to battering because you've drunk a lot of beer.
It opens its can and throws several spears of asparagus at you. Thankfully, spears of canned asparagus aren't all that sharp. And apparently, neither is the can, if it thought that would work. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 4-6 Meat (average: 5, stdev: 0.71)*|
|You acquire an item: asparagus knife (20.6% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: razor-sharp can lid (42.4% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: stalk of asparagus (40.8% chance)*|
- If you are on the appropriate bounty hunt:
|You acquire a bounty item: shredded can label|
|You gain 1 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Haunted Pantry.
- A successful attack from this monster has a chance of giving you an effect:
|You acquire an effect: What's That Smell?|
(duration: 5 Adventures)
- There exists a stuffed version of this monster.
- The combat text, "Never bring a knife to a footfight", is a reference to the 1987 Brian De Palma film, The Untouchables. Irish beat cop Jim Malone (played by Sean Connery) says to a would-be assassins corpse, "Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight."
- The "blood smells funny" effect refers to the fact that when some people eat asparagus, their urine smells funny for a while.
- "Kick the can" is a reference to the old tag variant, where those caught by the person who is "it" can be freed if a non-caught player kicks a can.
- The critical hit message is a reference to Britney Spears.
- "This one's got a knife" is a reference to a 'The Far Side' Comic strip in which two men on safari are wary of an elephant with a knife