MP Cost: 5-20
usable once per fight
Your terminal has instructed you in the art of Source code extraction -- you can just reach right into an enemy and grab some of the raw data that they're made of. And sometimes also some upgrade chips and floppy disks, which is pretty weird.
Allows you to collect Source essence from enemies
|Source:||Source Terminal: educate extract.edu|
- The MP cost of this skill depends on the amount of SPAM and ASHRAM chips installed in your Source Terminal. SPAM chips decrease it by 1 MP each up to a maximum of 10 installed, whereas an ASHRAM chip decreases it by 5 MP with it only being possible to install one.
- The chip and file drops works as follows:
- The base chance of getting a chip of any kind is 1/1000, and the base chance of getting a file of any kind is 1/400. You cannot get a file on a turn where you get a chip.
- The following drop rate improvements are applied in the following order, as relevant:
- Wearing the source shades doubles the drop chance of chips and files.
- Using the software bug familiar makes the rate for chips 1/800 (or 1/300 if rate was doubled due to source shades), and doubles the drop chance of files.
- Fighting any monster from A Shimmering Portal doubles the drop chance of chips.
- Fighting an Anime Smiley, QuickBASIC elemental, BASIC Elemental, or digital underground dweller doubles the drop chance of files.
- The maximum drop chance for a chip (when fighting an el vibrato monster with source shades and software bug) is 1/150.
- The maximum drop chance for a file (when fighting a special monster with source shades and software bug) is 1/50.