Dwarvish war mattock
(In-game plural: dwarvish war mattocks)
- This item is obtained in the Dwarven Machine Room in exchange for one dwarvish punchcard, by using the correct number of chunks of chrome ore, asbestos ore, linoleum ore, and lumps of coal in the machine hoppers, correctly setting the other machine elements, and activating the machine.
- After each round of combat, the message "Your mattock glows (really) bright blue" is displayed. The word "really" appears once in the message for every 7 HP your opponent has remaining, rounded up, so, for example, if your opponent has 100 HP, the word "really" will appear 15 times.
- The mattock can be equipped in the off-hand, and will have the same effect.
- If the monster has more than 693 HP, the message "Your mattock glows so brightly that it makes your eyes hurt." is displayed instead.
- Only one item from the Dwarvish War Uniform can be obtained per ascension, as the dwarvish punchcard is a non-tradable one-time drop item.
- The Magical Blue Glow falls back on some Elvish swords from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, most recognizably Sting, Bilbo and Frodo's sword. Their blades would glow blue whenever Orcs were nearby.
- Similarly, the reference to aluminum being the "magical metal revered" by dwarves is an allusion to mithril, which Tolkien described in similar terms. Some think that Tolkien intended mithril to be what we today call aluminum.
"3205" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.