Double-Fisted Skull Smashing
|There is an in-game bug related to this page.|
|Custom outfits do not necessarily equip in the order the items were saved. Beware, dual-weapon-wielders.|
Double-Fisted Skull SmashingType: Passive
MP Cost: N/A
This skill allows you to wield a one-handed weapon in each of your hands. It'll make it much easier for you to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women.
- This skill adds an equipped off-hand weapon's power into the damage formula, giving extra damage equal to 10-20% of the offhand weapon's power (the damage done in combat is shown in parentheses in black text next to the damage from your main weapon) and adding any effect and/or damage bonus to the main weapon.
- To use this skill, you first have to equip a one-handed weapon. Once this is done, an [offhand] command appears next to the [equip] command on all one-handed weapons of the same type (melee/Mysticality, or ranged) in your inventory. Clicking the [offhand] command puts that weapon into your off-hand slot.
- You cannot equip a 1-handed melee or Mysticality weapon and a 1-handed ranged weapon at the same time. Trying this yields these or similar messages:
- "You can't equip a melee weapon with a ranged weapon in your off-hand."
- "You can't equip a Mysticality weapon with a ranged weapon in your off-hand."
- "That combination of items doesn't make a whole lot of sense."
- You cannot equip a weapon in your off-hand until you have one in your weapon slot. Attempting to do so gives this message:
- Why bother putting a weapon into your offhand if you don't have anything in your on-hand? "On-hand?" Whatever.
- Attempting to wield an off-hand weapon in Way of the Surprising Fist gives:
- What is the sound of one hand not being empty? Failure. That's the sound.
- You can't equip a chefstaff in your off-hand, but can wield a chefstaff in your main hand and another melee/Mysticality weapon in your off-hand.
- You can't equip an accordion in your off-hand, either. If you try, you are told:
- You can't equip an accordion in your off-hand.
- Unequipping your main weapon (using the [unequip] command) automatically removes your off-hand weapon as well.
- The enchantments of both weapons work normally. Equipping two weapons of the same type causes their enchantments to stack.
- The following events and equipment fail to work with the relevant item in your off-hand slot:
- Adventuring in A Volcanic Cave requires your Legendary Epic Weapon to be equipped in your main weapon slot.
- Lunging Thrust-Smack and Bashing Slam Smash will not automatically hit with the Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr equipped in your off-hand
- As noted above, chefstaves cannot be equipped in the off-hand
- "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women" is Conan's response in the film Conan the Barbarian, when asked "what is best in life?" This is abbreviation of a real quote attributed to Genghis Khan: "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
- The above audio clip is also used in the "Clubber" Song by Prima Vera Angelhair, which is his Seal Clubber Theme Song, created several months before the introduction of this skill.(listen to PVA's Clubber)