|Locations||The Daily Dungeon|
|Monster Parts||head, leg, torso|
This room is guarded by a fierce dodecapede. It's like a centipede, but it only has 12 legs.
It bites you in the <nipple> with its big sharp pointy teeth. Oof! Oof!
It stings you with its venemous stinger. You feel like a spirit in the material world. Ugh! Oof!
It crawls all over you with its spiny, poisonous (but nicely waxed) twelve legs. Argh! Argh!
It splits into six different segments and skitters around, spearing you in the <skull> with its poisonous legs. Eek! Eek!
It bites you in the part? with its venemous mandibles. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome to the stage -- Venemous Mandibles! Eek! Eek!
It charges you and gores you with its mandibles. You're now covered in mandibles and gore. Mandibles in the lightning! Oof! Eek!
It rears up, enfolds you in its twelve spiny legs, and puts a fang through your membrane. Er, that is, a fang in your brain. Ow! Ooh!
It tries to bite you, but you leap aside.
It tries to sting you, but you tell it not to stand so close to you.
It crawls toward you, but you jump on a hidden switch that shoots sprite-animated arrows at it.
It runs at you, but you ask it which leg comes after which, and it falls down.
It tries to bite you in the <leg>, but you hide behind a giant mushroom.
It charges you, but you jump on its head and ride it like a rodeo.
It rears up and tries to stick a fang in your brain, but it turns out it's insane and has no fang. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 10-14 Meat|
|You acquire an item: clutch of dodecapede eggs|
|You gain 3 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Daily Dungeon.
- A successful attack from this monster has a chance of poisoning you:
|You acquire an effect: A Little Bit Poisoned|
(duration: 10 Adventures)
- There exists a stuffed version of this monster.
- One of the hit messages uses the title of the Police song "Spirits in the Material World. The corresponding miss message uses the title of the song "Don't Stand So Close to Me".
- The hit message where the dodecapede splits into six segments, and the miss messages where you fire "sprite-animated arrows" at the dodecapede and "hide behind a mushroom" refer to the classic arcade game Centipede.
- The hit message that mentions "mandibles and gore" and "mandibles in the lightning" may be a reference to the line "gonads in the lightning" from the Flash movie Weeeeee! (Gonads and Strife) by Brendan "Threebrain" Kilcoyne.
- The miss message where you ask it which leg comes after which is a reference to the Centipede's Dilemma.
- The critical and fumble messages refer to the Cypress Hill hit "Insane in the Brain".