|Locations||The "Fun" House|
|Monster Parts||pathogen, box, spring|
This is a box, which contains a disease. And a spring. But mostly disease.
The disease rocks through your head and boogie-woogies through your lungs. Argh! Ugh!
The disease makes you feel uneasy. Looks like you made a mistake... Oof! Argh!
The disease makes you break out in a cold sweat. And hot shivers. And bland saltiness. Eek! Ugh! Ow!
The disease causes you to break out in pink-and-red spots. Well, either that or you're finally going through puberty. Ooh! Eek! Oof!
The disease mutates into a more virulent strain and infects you. Your pancreas aches, your throat closes, and your eyes water. Argh! Eek!
The disease tries to infect you, but you hum a few songs by The Cure.
The disease runs through your bloodstream and empties your stomach through your mouth. Gross, but you feel better.
The disease tries to infect you, but you claim you're a diplomat, and are immune.
The disease tries to infect you, but you already had it once before so you're immune.
The disease mutates to be more effective, but the mutation just makes the infection turn your nose red. Which makes you kind of cyoood. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: box (30.0% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: disease (40.0% chance)*|
|You gain 3-4 <substat>.|
Occurs at The "Fun" House.
- A successful attack from this monster has a chance of making you sick:
|You acquire an effect: "The Disease"|
(duration: 5 Adventures)
- One of the unsuccessful attacks mentions the band The Cure.
- The first successful attack refers to the song Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie-Woogie Flu, best known in recordings by Johnny Rivers and Aerosmith.
- The second successful attack text features lyrics from the song Disease, by Matchbox 20: "Feels like you made a mistake" and "Makes me feel uneasy baby".
- One of the dodge messages refers to diplomatic immunity.
- The fumble message refers to Rankin/Bass's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, in which the main character says "She thinks I'm cyoooood!" ("Cyoood" being how you say "cuuuute" with a cold or a rubber ball on your nose.)
- May be a reference to STDs if "box" is read as slang.
- May alternatively be a reference to the similar object from Arthur Conan Doyle's short Sherlock Holmes story, The Adventure of the Dying Detective, an ivory box containing a concealed sharpened spring, designed to infect the recipient with a fatal tropical disease.