| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
Only Disco Bandits with the passive skill Disco State of Mind can generate Disco Momentum. Momentum starts at zero with each combat. If you are wearing a porcelain pelerine, you gain one point of Momentum at the start of the combat. When you do a dance move, you gain a point of Momentum for the remainder of the current combat. The only skills that build Momentum are Disco Dance of Doom, Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo, and Disco Dance 3: Back in the Habit, and they can be used only once each per combat. However, even if you use all four sources of Disco Momentum, the total amount is capped at 3.
Each point of Momentum increases the damage and deleveling done by Disco Dances. Other Disco Bandit combat skills also gain additional damage and/or deleveling. Other Disco Bandit passive skills add additional bonuses for each point of Momentum, as detailed in the table below.
Momentum points are indicated by a disco ball image which appears at the top of the combat page. Mousing over the image displays a tooltip with the current Momentum points and the passive benefits it is currently granting, if any.
Skills influenced by Momentum
|Disco Eye-Poke||1||2 MP||Each point of Momentum gives this skill +1 damage and deleveling.|
|Disco State of Mind||3||Passive||Allows use of Disco Momentum|
|Disco Dance of Doom||2||3 MP|| Gain 1 Disco Momentum|
Each point of Momentum gives this skill +4 damage and deleveling.
|Frantic Gyrations||4||Passive||Disco Momentum makes you harder to hit|
|Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo||4||4 MP|| Gain 1 Disco Momentum|
Each point of Momentum gives this skill +6 damage and deleveling.
|Disco Face Stab||6||8 MP||Each point of Momentum gives this skill increased damage.|
|Flashy Dancer||7||Passive||When you gain Disco Momentum, your opponents will be too impressed to attack you.|
|Knife in the Dark||9||10 MP||Each point of Momentum gives this skill increased damage.|
|Disco Greed||9||Passive||Disco Momentum increases item drops|
|Disco Bravado||10||Passive||Disco Momentum increases stat gains|
|Disco Shank||10||13 MP||Each point of Momentum gives this skill increased damage.|
|Disco Dance 3: Back in the Habit||11||10 MP|| Gain 1 Disco Momentum|
Each point of Momentum gives this skill +9 damage and deleveling.
|Disco Inferno||12||15 MP||Each point of Momentum gives this skill increased damage.|
Passive bonus table
|Skill||Effect with 1 Momentum||Effect with 2 Momentum||Effect with 3 Momentum|
|Frantic Gyrations||+11 to defence||+22 to defence||+33 to defence|
|Disco Greed||+10% Item Drops||+20% Item Drops||+30% Item Drops|
|Disco Bravado||1 additional stat point gained||1-2 additional stat points gained||1-3 additional stat points gained|
- Gaining the first point of Momentum:
- A disco ball descends from above and begins to slowly spin.
- Gaining the first point of Momentum with Flashy Dancer:
- Your opponent is distracted by a disco ball that descends from above and begins to slowly spin.
- Gaining the second point of Momentum:
- A spotlight hits the disco ball, bathing the area in moving lights.
- Gaining the second point of Momentum with Flashy Dancer:
- A spotlight hits the disco ball, bathing the area in moving lights and startling your opponent.
- Gaining the third point of Momentum:
- The floor beneath you begins to flash with colored light in response to your dancing.
- Gaining the third point of Momentum with Flashy Dancer:
- The floor beneath you begins to flash with colored light in response to your dancing. It's too much Disco for your foe to handle.
Items interacting with Disco Momentum
- Having a porcelain pelerine equipped causes you to gain one Disco Momentum as the combat begins.
- The warbear laser beacon deals extra damage per Disco Momentum you have.
- Having a wrought-iron walker equipped makes this skill cause passive damage over time.