|Locations||The Haunted Kitchen|
|Monster Parts||door, hinges|
This is ordinary, garden variety icebox (wait a second... who keeps iceboxes in a garden?) that differs from other ordinary, garden variety iceboxes (seriously, though,) in one important way -- this one seems to have developed some sort of infernal portal inside it that is causing it to do all manner of evil and malevolent things.
The refrigerator opens and a plastic container full of unidentifiable goo hits you in the chest, splattering you with sheer, unadulterated nastiness. How long has that thing been in there? Ugh! Ow! (stench damage)
The refrigerator door opens and hits you on the head with its polished chrome handle. It gives you a bad case of chrome dome. Eek! Eek!
The freezer opens, and a frozen turkey hits you in the face. This is worse than that time you worked at the jet engine testing facility. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
The refrigerator opens and some plastic containers full of goo fall out. Huh.
The refrigerator door opens and closes violently, but since you're standing across the room from it, you're pretty much unaffected.
The refrigerator opens, its infernal portal yawning wide. You've seen it all, though, so the yawning portal merely portends a yawn.
The freezer opens, and a frozen turkey shoots out at your head. You duck, and the turkey bounces harmlessly off of a nearby china cabinet. Well... nearly harmlessly.
The freezer opens with a creaking sound, and a barrage of ice cubes shoots out. Thinking quickly, you crawl into a nearby stove, and the heat melts the ice cubes before they can do any damage. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 4-6 Meat (average: 5, stdev: 0.71)*|
|You acquire an item: accidental cider (?? chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ancient frozen dinner (29.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dire fudgesicle (?? chance)*|
|You acquire an item: leftovers of indeterminate origin (41.9% chance)*|
|You gain 1 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Haunted Kitchen.
- Using Pickpocket on this monster may yield a hand grenegg from about 20% of pickpocket attempts.
- Though this monster does damage in three elements, it is a non-elemental monster.
- This monster is a reference to the film Ghostbusters, in which a woman discovers her apartment is haunted when she sees eggs boil by themselves (as in one of the hit messages) and finds a window to Hell in her refrigerator (like the one mentioned in the monster description).
- It may also refer to the Playstation game Silent Hill, in which the protagonist had to deal with a fridge containing a demonic portal.
- The hit message about the frozen turkey and the jet engine testing is likely a reference to the practice of firing chickens at jet windshields to test their impact resistance, and the urban legend that a British organization mistakenly used frozen chickens instead of thawed ones, resulting in even the strongest windshields being shattered.