Deep Fat Friars' Gate Quest
- Talk to the Deep Fat Friars to discover that you need three items to cleanse the taint: (optional)
- Adventure in The Dark Neck of the Woods, The Dark Heart of the Woods, and The Dark Elbow of the Woods. You will find one required item in each zone.
- Visit the Friars once you have all three items (optional)
- Head to The Deep Fat Friars' Gate to cleanse the taint
- In your Quest Log, under completed quests, you will see: "You have cleansed the taint of the Deep Fat Friars. Congratulations!"
- The Pandamonium Area is accessible, along with the associated Azazel, Ma Belle quest.
- Brothers Flying Burrito, Corsican and Smothers appear in the Copse of the Deep Fat Friars. They will grant you one buff a day.
On initial visit:
- The Deep Fat Friars in the Distant Woods are having a problem -- one of the experiments has gone awry, and fey creatures have invaded their grove. Please, Adventurer, lend them your assistance.
On subsequent visits:
- The Deep Fat Friars still require your assistance. You can find them in the Distant Woods.
Please see Talk to the Deep Fat Friars.
- The cleansing ritual does not cost an adventure and can be done while falling-down drunk.
- You don't need to talk to the Friars at all during the quest.
- "Taint" generally refers to an unpleasant contaminant of some kind. In US English, however, it can also refer to the perineum, very unpleasant if tainted.
- Each of the items needed to cleanse the taint are common tools used in Wiccan ritual: candles, an athame (a ritual knife), and a pentagram (or in this case, a dodecagram).
- The concept of opening the gates of Hell follows the witchcraft theme, as those accused of witchcraft were traditionally said to be in league with demons.
- "Brother Marx" is a reference to the Marx Brothers.