Cyrus the Virus
|Cyrus the Virus|
|Locations||The Primordial Soup: Soupercharged|
|Resistance||100% physical, 100% elemental.|
|Monster Parts||head, tail, torso|
- First time you fight Cyrus:
You swam up into the yellowness above, and looked around. Before you were able to get your bearings, however, you were tapped on the shoulder by a strange creature.
"Hi there, jerkass. I'm Cyrus." he said, scowling.
"Now, it's your first time here, but that's no excuse, really. This is my territory, you see, and I don't want anybody trying to muscle in on it. And this... means... you." he continued, punctuating his last few words by poking you.
- After encountering Cyrus once:
You swam back up into the yellow, and were immediately accosted by Cyrus.
"You again? I thought I told you this was my turf," he said.
- If you have used one Base Pair on Cyrus previously::
- He looked <adjective> than he was the first time you saw him.
- If you have used two Base Pairs on Cyrus previously::
- He looked <adjective> and <adjective> than he was the first time you saw him.
- If you have used the same Base Pair on Cyrus previously::
- "Useless," he said, "Useless! I'm already <adjective> than anything else in this place."
- After 3 fights with Cyrus, using base pairs:
You swam up into the yellowness, and sure enough, there was Cyrus.
"Hey jerkass," he said, his everpresent scowl still on his face. "I was waiting for you to come back, so I could thank you. You've fixed me all up, and now I can leave this dump behind and move on to bigger and better things. Look out, world, 'cause here comes Cyrus!"
He turned away to leave, but abruptly turned back.
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Here y'go." he said, as he smacked you in the face with his tail and swam upward, out of sight.
Infuriated, you sank back down into the orangeness.
|You lose X hit points.|
"I'm not wasting my time with you any more," he said, as he rammed into you, knocking you on what would have been your ass, if you had had an ass, back down into the orangeness below you.
|You lose X hit points.|
- To "Defeat" Cyrus, you need to use 3 base pairs during 3 separate fights with him. After the third, he'll leave. Note: You have to use 3 different base pairs. This progresses the quest but will not give you factoids.
- Combat terminates when you use a base pair, with the message depending on which one you use:
- You remember trying to put a base pair in your body, and Cyrus saying "Hey! Give me that!" You remember him grabbing it and shoving it into his own primitive form, and you remember him getting
|memory of a CT base pair||more attractive.|
|memory of a CG base pair||smarter.|
|memory of a CA base pair||stronger.|
|memory of a GT base pair||more resilient.|
|memory of an AT base pair||more aggressive.|
|memory of an AG base pair||faster.|
- Then, unfortunately, you remember him grinning as he beat you to a pulp. Well, to more of a pulp than you normally were.
- The above adjectives are also used in the introductory description of Cyrus, depending on the base pairs previously used.
- Cyrus is killable, with some difficulty and preparation.
- Cyrus is immune to stunning, with the message, "Cyrus glared at you." before the attack message.
- Attempting to use two base pairs via Ambidextrous Funkslinging will return a normal combat message, and only consume one base pair. You can, though, use funkslinging with something else in the first slot.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- The name "Cyrus the Virus" comes from the movie Con Air. It was the name of the character played by John Malkovich.
- The picture looks a lot like a bacteriophage virus. With googly eyes.