Cursed magnifying glass
The world on the other side of this glass is darker than this one.
(In-game plural: cursed magnifying glasses)
- When equipped, gives two messages at the end of combat,
- a random generic one:
- A flash of black light glints off of your magnifying glass.
- Some movement on the other side of your magnifying glass startles you. You investigate, but don't find anything. Must've just been a slightly bigger version of the wind.
- You carefully search the area with your magnifying glass. The area seems slightly scarier than usual.
- You are startled by a giant ant, but it turns out to just be a regular ant that happened to crawl past the other side of your magnifying glass.
- You survey the scene through your magnifying glass. It looks like a scene, but bigger.
- followed by a countdown message:
- In the distance, an owl hoots 13 times. Give it a rest, Mr. Owl.
- You are startled by the cacophanous cawing of a bunch of crows. Probably exactly twelve crows, if you had to guess.
- A distant clock chimes 11, even though it is (probably) not 11 o'clock right now.
- A madman in the distance shrieks: "Ten! Only ten now! Hee hee!"
- Nine ravens burst from a nearby tree and take to the sky.
- Eight rats scurry out from behind a nearby bush, startling you.
- To your left, seven stray dogs fight over a scrap of carrion.
- A creepy-looking little girl walks up and whispers in your ear. "Six."
- You look at your left hand and notice, to your horror, that you have five fingers. Oh, wait, that's the normal number. Never mind.
- The bells of a distant cathedral ring four times. Dong. Dong. Dong. Dong.
- Three wolves howl in the distance. You wonder what they're howling about. Probably just ordinary wolf stuff.
- You hear two black cats fighting somewhere nearby. At least you hope they're fighting.
- The hair on the back of your neck stands up. A feeling of impending dread overwhelms your senses.
- a random generic one:
- The next encounter after the last countdown message is going to be one of the following monsters; each day the first 5 encountered (by any source) are free fights:
- The countdown and void encounters continue as normal when equipped on a Left-Hand Man.
- The countdown is only decremented in combats which cost an adventure. There are some exceptions to this - free fights from drunk pygmies taking a Bowl of Scorpions still decrement the counter, as do outdoor combats under the effects of Breathitin™.
|TOP 10 cursed magnifying glass collections|
6. Emerilla - 1 | 7. Agressive Coffee Addict - 1 |
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings