cosmic bowling ball
Your very own planet, and you didn't even have to convert to a new religion for it.
Type: combat item
Cannot be traded or discarded
May not be moved out of inventory
Throw it in various ways
(In-game plural: cosmic bowling balls)
- undrilled cosmic bowling ball
|Since you've got this cosmic bowling ball, you hurl it down the ancient lanes. You knock over a few pins. You may be getting the hang of this!
|You throw the ball right down the middle of your foe, dealing 100 damage! The ball clatters into a nearby ball return.
- When used as a combat item, it returns to your inventory at the start of the next combat (without incrementing the cooldown counter).
- When used in The Hidden Bowling Alley, counts as one bowling ball use (reducing the required amount from 5 to 4).
- Does nothing if used as the fifth use; you still need to use a normal bowling ball to initiate the combat with the ancient protector spirit.
- While in your inventory, the ball grants access to four combat skills:
Your cosmic bowling ball clatters into the closest ball return and you grab it.
- After any of these skills is used, the ball leaves your inventory for 2N+3 amount of combats (including free combats), where N is the number of bowling skills used that day. (so 5, 7, 9, 11 etc. combats)
- This cooldown is remembered across rollover but not across ascension (you will automatically get it back at the start of a new run).
- The skill's effect lasts for that same number of adventures (for Bowl Straight Up) or the same number of combats (for Bowl Sideways and Bowl a Curveball), while Bowl Backwards' effect is instantaneous.
- Once the cooldown wears off, the ball returns to your inventory at the start of the next combat with the message:
Off in the distance, you hear your cosmic bowling ball rattling around in the ball return system. (Ball will return in 8+ combats)
You hear your cosmic bowling ball rattling around in the ball return system. (Ball will return in 4-7 combats)
You hear your cosmic bowling ball rattling around in the ball return system nearby. (Ball will return in 2-3 combats)
You hear your cosmic bowling ball approaching. (Ball will return next combat)
Which is trippy, since it's also hovering above you, glowing.
- At the start of combat while the ball hasn't returned to you yet, you will get one of the following messages indicating how long until it returns:
Your cosmic bowling ball bounces off a nearby rock and then off your opponent's <arm> for X damage. Ouch. It looks pretty ticked off.
- If you have used Bowl Sideways, that skill's start-of-combat text is displayed instead.
- Is automatically placed in your inventory for you at the beginning of your run, with the message:
- League night is coming up, so you grabbed your cosmic bowling ball before reincarnating.
|You acquire an item: cosmic bowling ball|
- Prior to 2022/03/07, this item was not a quest item, which made it possible to send 1 cosmic bowling ball to your Display Case every combat and making for potentially silly shenanigans.
"10891" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.