Combat lover's locket
Not since meat on pizza has anyone loved anything as much as you love fighting monsters.
(In-game plural: combat lover's lockets)
- Has a [reminisce] link in the inventory screen (even if the locket is not equipped), which can be used 3 times per day to take you to Reminiscing About Those Monsters You Fought, which allows you to fight a copy of a monster whose picture is stored in the locket. You can do this while falling-down drunk, as long as you have at least 1 adventure remaining.
- Monsters are stored in the locket by ending a combat with the locket equipped. Winning the fight is not necessary; the monster will be added even if you run away or lose.
- The list of stored monsters is permanent, persisting through rollover and across ascensions; however, you can only reminisce to a particular monster once per day.
- Enchantment depends on the phylum of the last monster you fought using the reminisce ability - it does not change after normal combats. After ascension it resets to Mer-Kin (+25% Item Drops from Monsters and +25 Damage to Sleaze Spells).
- Before you have fought any monsters with the locket, reminiscing will fail with the message:
- There are no photos in your locket that you wish to reminisce about. Maybe go fight something first.
- After completing any combat with the locket equipped, it stores a potential copy of that monster in the locket:
|Your lover's locket emits a brief pulse of warm light as a photo of your foe appears inside it.|
- If the monster has already been stored by the locket, even if it has subsequently been fought using the reminisce ability, it will not be stored in the locket again:
|Light glints off of your locket, as if to reassure you that there was already a photo of this opponent in there.|
- Uncopyable monsters will not be added to the locket:
|Your locket vibrates -- memories of this monster would be too painful to revisit.|
- There does not seem to be a limit to the number of monsters stored in the locket.
- A monster fought via [reminisce] will be a free fight only if the monster itself is inherently a free fight; otherwise, it will take a turn as usual. You also have to have at least 1 turn remaining to reminisce, even if the combat won't take a turn.
- After using all 3 reminiscences per day, clicking the [reminisce] link again gives the message:
- You don't want to reminisce any more today.
- Is automatically placed in your inventory for you at the beginning of your run, with the message:
|TOP 10 combat lover's locket collections|
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings