|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
Proper usage of the special ten-leaf clover adventures ("clovering") was an important part of ascension strategy. Clovers were a valuable and limited resource; this page will list the most effective places to use them.
Clover adventures are listed in roughly the order you'd encounter them in a run.
|Location||Adventure||Result||Avg Turns Saved (Per Clover)||Notes|
|Guano Junction||How I Wonder...||2x sonar-in-a-biscuit||Calculation Pending*||For the level 4 quest.|
|The VERY Unquiet Garves||Rolling the Bones||disembodied brain and smart skull||4 per day||Primarily to create a Meat maid for additional adventure gain.|
|Itznotyerzitz Mine||Either Ore||One of each ore||9.0 - 16.4*||For the level 8 quest, allowing you to skip the Mining Gear. You need three clovers to finish the quest in this way.|
|The Smut Orc Logging Camp||S&M 4-EVER||3x planks, 3x fasteners||2.5 - 2.9||For the level 9 quest. |
|A-boo Peak||The "Journalist"||2x A-Boo clue||3.44 - 12.33||For the level 9 quest, though this step is often done at the end of level 12 to ensure easy passing of the clue's non-combat. Note however that the base drop chance of A-Boo clues from regular fights at the peak is already 15%.|
|An Oasis||Some Things Never Change||Ultrahydrated (20 Adv.)||3||Each time can save up to 3 adventures in the Desert/Oasis.|
|The Haunted Gallery
The Haunted Bathroom
The Haunted Ballroom
|With a Clatter
That's a Tidy Bowl, Man!
Forward to the Past
|Large mainstat gains||N/A||When you have extra clovers, these adventures give much higher stat gains than regular powerleveling. Adventures saved depends on standard stat gain bonuses (eg ML, substat bonuses, familiar)|
|Castle Basement||You Never Know...||W, A, N, G, and D||4 - 14||To create a Wand of Nagamar for the Naughty Sorceress.|
|A Mob of Zeppelin Protesters||Methinks the Protesters Doth Protest Too Little||Choose a noncombat to scare away protesters.||Calculation Pending*||Allows you to pick the best stat to scare away protesters.|
- Ten-leaf clovers can be used from inventory to make them into disassembled clovers, which will not trigger these adventures, and vice versa.
- Average Adventures Saved Per Clover varies based on Item Drop %, the listed range shows the average number of turns saved from +200% item drop to +0% item drop.
- For the "Never Know What You're Gonna Find" the bonus is assuming you have every letter but the N.
- Based on the results it looks like the highest priority is Itznotyerzitz, followed by the first clover for Guano Junction and the clover for The Castle in the Clouds. However, you need 3 clovers to get the full bonus for Itznotyerzitz, a lot of the bonus is skipping the Mining Gear.
- The calculated number of turns saved per clover is still being refined. It isn't meant to be an exact figure, but to show the relative importance of clover usage.
- Several clover adventures not listed on this page are useful in an ascension context, but are not the ideal way to complete the relevant task:
- Clovering the Lemon Party Slot to get a big rock in order to make a Rock and Roll Legend is no longer useful for non-AT classes. Visit Uncle P's Antiques to purchase an antique accordion (2500 meat) instead.
- Clovering for spices and reagent pasta ingredients can be avoided by using the Mushroom Fields.
- Clovering for Brainy skulls for the chef- and bartender-in-the-box can be skipped by use of certain free crafts such as casting Inigo's and/or perming Rapid Prototyping, though Inigo's is unavailable under standard restrictions.
- Clovering for base booze can be avoided by getting varied booze from The Tavern Cellar or rum from the pirates.
- Clovering for limes and other advanced fruits can be skipped by proper hunting of the Fruit Golem.
- Clovering for the Twin Peak buff can be skipped with enough permed skills.
- Clovering for bubblin' crude can be avoided by running sufficient +ML and +item during your time in Oil Peak.
|Rankings:||HC Skills - HC Familiars - HC IotMs|
|General:||Class selection - Familiar usage - Lucky adventures|
|Paths:||BHY - Fist - AoB - BI - ZS - AoJ - BIG! - KOLHS - CA2 - AoSP - SS - HR - Picky - Ed - Random - AoWoL - Source - NA - GN - LtA - L.A.R. - PF - G-Lover - DD|
|Additional Paths:||DG - 2CRS - KoE - PotP - LKS - GG - Y,Robot - QT - WF - GY - JM - FotD|
|IotMs:||Tomes - Faxing - Copying - YR - Garden - Correspondent - Workshed - Tea party - Florist|