2013 saw a vast reworking of the six core classes. Each of these revamps came in the form of a world event.
- Seal Clubbers repelled the forces of the infernal abyss during the Infernal Incursion from September 24 - September 26.
- Disco Bandits countered an alien plot and boogied down at The Space Odyssey Discotheque from October 19 - October 24.
- Accordion Thieves polkaed their way through the appearance of Wandering Accordionists from October 29 - November 2.
- Turtle Tamers slowly and steadily explored the Portal to the Spirit World from November 6 - November 10.
- Pastamancers and Saucerors honed their culinary arts to vanquish the Peripatetic Pasta from November 13 - November 16.
General Revamp Theme
The class revamps arose from a desire to give each class its own viable combat strategy and unique mechanical identity, so that playing a Seal Clubber, for instance, felt noticeably different than playing an Accordion Thief. New mechanics such as Fury for Seal Clubbers, or Disco Bandits' Disco Momentum and affinity for knives, represent various implementations of this.
By the end of the revamps, each class had twice as many guild-trainable skills. The training costs of all of the guild skills were reduced so that two skills of that level cost what the one skill did before. The goal was to have a variety of class-exclusive skills, or skills that act differently depending on what class is using the skill. One example of this is the nerfing of Entangling Noodles, with every class gaining their own form of stunning.
List of Major Changes
- Removed Hide of the Otter, Tongue of the Otter, and Claws of the Otter. Buffed Hide of the Walrus and Claws of the Walrus to compensate (+10 DA, +4 Weapon Damage, respectively).
- 18 new skills added. Lunge-Smack was changed and reintroduced as Lunge Smack.
- SC exclusive resource: Fury.
- (Part 2) Removed Eye of the Stoat and added its effect to all Smacks.
- (Part 2) Reduced Thirst of the Weasel level requirement from 11 to 6.
- (Part 2) New Level 11 skill: Batter Up!
- (Part 2) Removed MP cost from Furious Wallop.
- (Part 2) Scowl of the Auk MP cost changed from 8 to 10, to match other Facial Expression skills.
- Removed Disco Power Nap. Adventurer of Leisure is a new passive skill that upgrades Disco Nap.
- Changed level requirements for Disco Dance of Doom (4 → 2), Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo (7 → 4), Disco Face Stab (10 → 6), and Disco Fever (11 → 13).
- 16 new skills added.
- Removed Disco Combos.
- DB exclusive resource: Disco Momentum
- Reworked Disco Fever from a passive skill to a non-combat skill.
- Changed all DB combat skills to be usable only once per combat.
- Reduced MP Cost and base delevel amount of pre-existing DB combat skills.
- Advanced Cocktailcrafting now summons 3/5 ingredients in one cast.
- 15 new skills added.
- Non-ATs can now only use a toy accordion or antique accordion to cast AT buffs.
- Added Steal Accordion, allowing Accordion Thieves to steal accordions from certain monsters.
- 15 new skills added.
- Only Turtle Tamers can receive Turtle Blessings.
- Removed the ability to chain Butt skills together.
- Kneebutt no longer has a chance to stagger.
- Shieldbutt now only auto-hits with Turtle Tamers only.
- 15 new skill added.
- Pasta Guardians reworked and reintroduced as Pasta Thralls.
- Entangling Noodles staggers and delevels instead if used by a non-Pastamancer. This change was introduced steadily as each class received a revamp.
- Ravioli Shurikens changed to deal damage three times in a random element.
- Reduced MP Cost and increased damage of Stuffed Mortar Shell, but it now has a 1-turn delay before dealing damage and can only be cast once per combat.
- Pastamastery now summons 3/5 ingredients in one cast.
- Removed Jabañero Saucesphere and Immaculate Seasoning.
- 17 new skills added.
- Sauceror exclusive resource: Soulsauce
- Only Saucerors can gain HP or MP when killing an enemy with a Sauceror spell with Curse of Marinara or Curse of Weaksauce applied.
- Removed Splashback effects from Sauceror spells.
- Jalapeño Saucesphere no longer restores HP based on MP spent from Sauceror spells.
- Sauceror spells can no longer be tuned.
- Advanced Saucecrafting now summons 3/5 ingredients in one cast.
Since the revamp included changes to existing skills, it was announced that after all of the classes have been changed a de-perming method would be made available. The Unpermery was added on the 20th of November for 30 days. Only guild-taught skills were eligible. Unpermed skills are turned into equivalent karma needed to be permed (100 for Normal and 200 for Hardcore) and are unlearned. To reperm the skills, a player needed to retrain them.