| This page is in need of content.
Class Act is the Winter 2012 special challenge path, introduced on November 14, 2012. This path adds variant rules and restrictions to an ascension run. Its description in The Bureau of Reincarnation reads "It's class warfare! You will only be able to use permed skills from your own class."
No permed skills are available to you, except those which belong to your current class.
- Class-bound skills from Spookyraven Manor, The Sea, Crimbo Carols and The Traveling Trader are available.
- Bookshelf Skills are also available, as these are not "permed".
- You cannot use Transcendent Olfaction, Gnome Skills, Unaccompanied Miner, Chronic Indigestion, or any other non-class skills, unless you acquire them in-run.
Any attempt to use a non-class-bound skill book gives this message:
- This item doesn't seem very classy.
- There are separate leaderboards for each class (a total of 12 boards, covering Normal and Hardcore).
- Summon Geeky Gifts produces 3 classy monkeys in addition to the regular set of random items. (Classy monkeys can also only be used while on this path.)
- Shirts (such as the astral shirt, cane-mail shirt, hairshirt or Moonthril Cuirass) cannot be worn from the start. It is possible to buy Torso Awaregness and wear them later.
- For softcore runs, the loss of combat skills makes running high +ML much harder (depending on class). Reusable combat items such as the Rain-Doh orange agent, Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot or toy mercenary may help. The Rain-Doh blue balls and Rain-Doh indigo cup may be the best stunning and healing sources available to most classes.
- For hardcore runs, the loss of turn generation skills makes the pursuit of food and booze a critical aspect of strategy. Some classes will have some crafting available. Some other sources of food/booze are the Camp Scout backpack, the Happy Medium, the Knob Goblin Organ Grinder, and any Garden item.
- Players will receive a Thwaitgold praying mantis statuette upon defeating the Naughty Sorceress.
|Special Challenge Paths|