| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
- Obtained by using a chef-in-the-box.
- The Chef-in-the-box in your Kitchen allows you to cook with fancy cooking ingredients without using Adventures. Sadly, it will only last around 80 to 100 uses before exploding in a mess of parts and food, with the message: "Smoke begins to pour from the head of your chef-in-the-box. It begins to vibrate noisily, spits out a few dishes at random, and then explodes." You may receive some warning messages before this actually happens:
- "The lid of your chef-in-the-box suddenly pops open, and then closes again. Curious."
- "You hear a strange chattering noise emanating from the innards of your chef-in-the-box."
- "You hear an unhealthy-sounding clicking noise coming from inside your chef-in-the-box."
- "Your chef-in-the-box begins to vibrate, then stops with a clanking sound."
- The rattling message will start to appear once a certain level of wear is present. It will occur whether or not you're cooking with fancy ingredients and does not indicate that any extra wear is being added.
- The Clockwork Chef-in-the-box does the same thing, but lasts about 4 times longer.
- Upon ascension, your Chef-in-the-box is lost and must be re-obtained in your next incarnation.
- Some food items can be obtained only from these explosions (25% chance each):
- Additionally, the following regular food items may be obtained from the explosion (25% chance each):
- You may also recover a broken skull (66% chance), and/or some of your original chef-in-the-box parts:
- Explosion spading here.