Chasin' Babies (Storage Room)
You finally get a chance to catch your breath and look for the triplets.
If the giggling ghost is in the room:
The giggling ghost is here, bouncing around the room knocking over stacks of boxes, stirring up dust and causing mayhem.
If the weeping ghost is in the room:
The weeping ghost is here, hiding behind a stack of boxes, blubbering.
If the chubby ghost is in the room:
The chubby ghost is here, glumly pawing at a box marked "dirty dishes."
|Try the poppet|
You put on a little show with the puppet.
|Try the rocking horse|
You place the horse on the ground and set it to rocking.
|Try the jack-in-the-box|
You turn the crank on the jack-in-the-box until the horrifying clown emerges.
You don't know nothin' about catchin' no babies, so you leave the room.
Occurs in The Haunted Storage Room.
- An identically named adventure occurs in The Haunted Nursery and The Haunted Laboratory.
- This adventure appears every 5 adventures, and is not modified by combat frequency modifiers.
- If a ghost in the room hates the item you used, they will depart to The Haunted Laboratory, and one of the following messages is appended to the use text as appropriate:
- The giggling ghost stops giggling and starts scowling as she flees the room. She must really hate that thing.
- The weeping ghost begins crying even louder as he vanishes through the wall and leaves the room. He must really hate this toy!
- The chubby ghost frowns and storms out of the room (in the sense that he leaves in exactly the same way that a cloud would.) He must really hate that toy...
- If a ghost in the room likes the item you used, one of the following messages is appended to the use text as appropriate:
- The giggling ghost squeals with delight! She loves it!
- The weeping ghost stops crying for a moment and blinks at you a few times. I guess he likes it!
- The chubby ghost is momentarily enthralled enough to stop looking for food. He must really like this thing!
- If a ghost in The Haunted Nursery likes the item you used, they will enter the room and one of the following messages is appended to the use text as appropriate:
- The giggling ghost, excited by the toy, enters the room.
- The weeping ghost enters the room, briefly more curious about the toy than he is sad.
- The chubby ghost enters the room, enthralled by the toy.