C. H. U. M.
|C. H. U. M.|
|Locations||A Maze of Sewer Tunnels|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso, tail|
As you're plodding through the waist-deep muck, you hear a gurgle behind you and turn around to see some bubbles popping on the surface of the water. It's followed by a smell you recognize: a C. H. U. M. -- a Carnivorous Human-shaped Undersewer Monster.
He stands up, his hideously deformed head barely clearing the line of the water, and mutters something incomprehensible in the C. H. U. M.s' guttural language as he advances on you.
He climbs out of the sewer and shouts "Cannonball!", then throws a cannonball at your shoulder. Ow! Ooh! Oof! Argh! Ow!He jumps on your head and pushes it below the water. You don't inhale any of the water, but you get some in your mouth, which is pretty much a fate worse than drowning. Ooh! Ooh! Ouch!
|You lose X hit points. (stench damage)|
He invites you to a tea party. It turns out that a tea party underneath the surface of a sewer is basically the worst tea party imaginable. Ugh! Ugh! Oof! Argh! Ow!
He loses sight of you in the darkness of the sewer, and shouts "Marco!" When you reply "Polo!" he stabs you with his spear. Sucker. Ow! Ugh! Ouch! Ow! Ugh! Eek!
He climbs out of the sewer and shouts "Cannonball!", but you run. Get it? "Cannonball Run"? That was a great movie.
He tries to push your head under the water, but you duck. ...Wait, what?
He invites you to a tea party, but you politely decline.
He loses sight of you in the darkness of the sewer, and shouts "Marco!" You wisely keep silent. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: bottle of sewage schnapps (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: C.H.U.M. knife (.6% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: C.H.U.M. lantern (.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: sewer nuggets (20% chance)*|
|You gain 65 <substat>.|
Occurs at A Maze of Sewer Tunnels
- Using Pickpocket on this monster may yield C.H.U.M. chum from about 40% of pickpocket attempts.
- All other item drops are conditionals, and thus cannot be pickpocketed.
- In particular, the equipment drops depend on the specific image of the C. H. U. M.
- Despite the image dependency for the item drops, all images belong to a single monster. In particular, each image is equally likely, even when On the Trail.
- The equipment drops listed in the main entry above are thus listed as the average base rate across all images. The schnapps and nuggets have the same rate for all images.
- The image for this monster is randomly selected from the following:
- C.H.U.M. is a nod to the C.H.U.D. movies.